Tire wobble?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saladfingerz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Vendetta
I noticed my front right tire on my vendetta is wobbling a little bit. The nut is tight and I can't figure out why it's like that. What can cause it and what fixes it?

I noticed my front right tire on my vendetta is wobbling a little bit. The nut is tight and I can't figure out why it's like that. What can cause it and what fixes it?
Did you check the axle tightness in the drive shaft? Sometimes if they’re not all the way tight it can cause wheel wobble. It’s a good idea to run a 2mm up the wheel side of the drive shaft, remove the axles and locktite so the wheels don’t spin off. Not sure if it’s as big issue with a road car but it’s a definite to do item with a basher.

Make sure the bearings are seated and you haven’t cracked the hub carrier also. Sometimes they just develop a wobble from being used. Being all plastic the tolerances are not fantastic.

Did you check the axle tightness in the drive shaft? Sometimes if they’re not all the way tight it can cause wheel wobble. It’s a good idea to run a 2mm up the wheel side of the drive shaft, remove the axles and locktite so the wheels don’t spin off. Not sure if it’s as big issue with a road car but it’s a definite to do item with a basher.

Make sure the bearings are seated and you haven’t cracked the hub carrier also. Sometimes they just develop a wobble from being used. Being all plastic the tolerances are not fantastic.
I'll have to take it apart a little bit to see. It may just be the wheel. It's got at least 4 or 5 batteries on it.

I took off the tires and checked the hub it looked fine no cracks and I tightened down all the screws that are connected to the hub and the hex. The drive shaft seemed alright and without the tires there doesn't look to be any visible wobble. And after I put the tires back on it seemed get rid of the majority of the wobble just by tightening some stuff. I think what's left of it is the tire itself.

I took off the tires and checked the hub it looked fine no cracks and I tightened down all the screws that are connected to the hub and the hex. The drive shaft seemed alright and without the tires there doesn't look to be any visible wobble. And after I put the tires back on it seemed get rid of the majority of the wobble just by tightening some stuff. I think what's left of it is the tire itself.
Nice work! That’s a taste of what’s normal with these cars honestly. Maintaining means taking apart cleaning inspecting adjusting repairing…bash break repair repeat.

Glad you fixed it.

Another thing to check next time: junk between the wheel and the hub. It happened to me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back