Traxxas sledge best parts to upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
I got a Sledge recently for a good price. I have heard they eat spurs often. Has anyone fixed this problem? It has a different motor mount on it. Is it specifically traxxas motor mount that causes the spur eating? Also what else is good for increasing durability? I know it is naturally a tough truck but can always use beefing up.

IMG_1575.jpeg

I got a Sledge recently for a good price. I have heard they eat spurs often. Has anyone fixed this problem? It has a different motor mount on it. Is it specifically traxxas motor mount that causes the spur eating? Also what else is good for increasing durability? I know it is naturally a tough truck but can always use beefing up.

What motor fan is that? I’m looking for a good one. Does that one work well?

I also feel like the motor and esc in the sledge is underrrated
IMG_3522.png

That’s the fan, it’s legit it’s metal cased fans and it’s taken at least 10 hard runs so far. Yea I’m running max 6 combo 23/46. I can do a wheelie at any point of my throttle.

View attachment 315229
That’s the fan, it’s legit it’s metal cased fans and it’s taken at least 10 hard runs so far. Yea I’m running max 6 combo 23/46. I can do a wheelie at any point of my throttle.
Thanks! Did you all know that Castle actually makes the stock systems that go in the 6s Traxxas vehicles? I notice people upgrading to castle not realizing that the motor is the same besides the shell and the esc just has less setting changes.

An aluminum chassis brace set. I've bent all my driveshafts but my stock chassis is still straight. Aluminum steering blocks and hub carriers. The bearings fit so loose on my truck I can wiggle them up and down in the carriers. All that rubbery plastic has its advantages but the hub carriers and steering blacks should have been made out of something harder.

If you want to stick to a forward motor mount you should check out KC RC. They make motor/diff mounts to fit a Castle 1717 and Hobbywing 1650kv. There's one in my truck's future. I like how my truck handles with it's weight forward setup and I don't want to wreck it.

Thanks! Did you all know that Castle actually makes the stock systems that go in the 6s Traxxas vehicles? I notice people upgrading to castle not realizing that the motor is the same besides the shell and the esc just has less setting changes.

Maybe 10 years ago, not now…

If you don't want to dump another $1000.00 into a truck you just got dumping $700.00 into then this is my top 3 upgrades.

1, aluminum chassis brace set. If this was a BLX this would be your first upgrade.
2, Hot racing fixed motor mount screw set. This will cure any spur gear issues.
3, 7.4v BEC (mine is a bass model Castle that I stuffed in my receiver box).

I've done a bit more but not a lot. My chassis is straight and I don't have a spur gear issue.
20230903_124806.jpg

I think the Sledge if you dump an extra $1000.00 into it is the best monster truggy on the market. Short of that it suffers from soft aluminum issues, I've bent every aluminum part on the truck except the hubs and center brace . I'm the guy that breaks everything so you know you're getting it from the source. I hold to my original upgrade starter list.

20231118_095359.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back