Kraton Treal 29mm diff cup exb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiba.k9

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
Anyone else have one of these does yours leak diff lube out the grub screw mine does how did you stop it I'm about to use Teflon tape on the ground screw or pipe dope

Screenshot_20240505_130547_Chrome.jpg

Anyone else have one of these does yours leak diff lube out the grub screw mine does how did you stop it I'm about to use Teflon tape on the ground screw or pipe dope

Screenshot_20240505_130547_Chrome.jpg
And just the grub screw is tight and yes, there is loctite on it

Ok… a few things.

1) Set screws (aka grub screws) are not designed to seal an orifice. NPT (National Pipe Thread) plugs are.
2) Loctite (threadlock) is not a sealant.

Are the thread in the case too big? Try with another set screw?

I've been debating getting some of these for my kraton, been waiting to see what people thought about them

I like it but I think I need thread sealant 🤣
Might not be a bad idea throw a little Teflon tape on it. I've always had good luck with treal parts on the losi lmt trucks. I thought about arrmas metal diffs but haven't read many good reviews in them

Or a grub screw that has a blue loctite patch on it in conjunction w/ sealant might seal er up.

My big issue with those is that they are made entirely out of aluminum, the outdrive will wear out the hole where if goes through. The good diff cups are the 2 piece units with the steel end. The diff cups need to have steel where the outdrive goes through.

Back