Typhon Tuff Typhon Rides Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C Breeze

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 6s
Finally have fixed up my hybrid v4/v5 build; now it is mostly a v5 Typhon with questionable aluminum front lower arms and the black anodized TLR motor mount which IMO looks great. Picked up a v5 roller from the bay which provided the front and rear clips along with the TLR RTR body. Currently have it geared 14/50 with an E-Revo pinion that I had in my stash of parts. Considering the high Kv (2200 :oops:) it should rip nicely on 6S even with a pinion that's smaller than stock. Also finally invested in a quality IR thermometer; this motor is only rated for 5S so I'll run it on 6S at my own risk. Should be fun! (y)
IMG_3268.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks! I increased the tuffness and street worthiness today by swapping over Infraction shocks and towers; I also found a plastic front lower arm and a slightly less bent hingepin in my parts stash. First run was fun and promising; going to try securing the rear of the body with Velcro tape. I shaved off the nubs from the rear body mounts to prepare them for the Velcro and they fit perfectly on existing holes in the tower.
IMG_3272.jpeg

(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back