Typhon 3s blx drive shaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virginia mud

Reaction score
Is there something missing here?

20210128_172303.jpg

The drive shaft seems to go deeper on the red anodized aluminum spline without it
Here's a pic with it on
What does it even do anyways? Seems like a bush part. You know a part left over you throw in the bushes.

20210128_173728.jpg

I didn’t know I was missing mine for a month. Ran fine without it but I put it back on

The driveshaft is supposed to slide all the way onto the spur gear shaft. Is yours a v3?

I think its there for a reason. Leave it off at your own risk. Find out if it matters. IDK. I never came across "Bush" parts before.:ROFLMAO:

I think its there for a reason. Leave it off at your own risk. Find out if it matters. IDK. I never came across "Bush" parts before.:ROFLMAO:
It is to keep the slipper shaft(red aluminum part) from falling out when you take out the center driveshaft, that is seriously it's only purpose.

I have to correct myself regarding "bush" parts.
The rear drive shaft BB support of the V2 Infr. is definitely a "bush" part. Thrown to a bush far far away. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

What's odd is I think it's molded onto my driveshaft whereas on my granite that piece is separate lol UNLESS its just on there tight on my typhon and I just haven't noticed it. I'll have to take a look when I get home from work today.

Instead of creating my own thread, I hope you guys don't mind if I revive this one. Today, I noticed that this same plastic sleeve on my 3S Typhon was pretty well worn away after some small rocks/pebbles got jammed between the driveshaft and the motor, as well as between the driveshaft and that red plastic piece on the opposite side, and just ground down the plastic. It looks like ARA311033 is the replacement part I need, but in looking closer, I'm concerned that there is damage to that metal piece under it. Thoughts? Anyone know what metal part that is? I might replace the entire driveshaft, just to be safe.

On that note, is there an upgrade or metal replacement driveshaft for the 3S Typhon worth considering? Thanks for any advice.

20210306_133509.jpg

20210306_133521.jpg

Instead of creating my own thread, I hope you guys don't mind if I revive this one. Today, I noticed that this same plastic sleeve on my 3S Typhon was pretty well worn away after some small rocks/pebbles got jammed between the driveshaft and the motor, as well as between the driveshaft and that red plastic piece on the opposite side, and just ground down the plastic. It looks like ARA311033 is the replacement part I need, but in looking closer, I'm concerned that there is damage to that metal piece under it. Thoughts? Anyone know what metal part that is? I might replace the entire driveshaft, just to be safe.

On that note, is there an upgrade or metal replacement driveshaft for the 3S Typhon worth considering? Thanks for any advice.

View attachment 130506

View attachment 130507
Theres a red metal coupler that fits into the driveshaft to mate to the splitter clutch shaft. If its that, easy low cost part. You can also by that slipper clutch shaft coming out of the motor housing and its fairly cheap if I recall. You'll have to take the slipper clutch apart of course and reset the adjustment on it after install. There are no known metal driveshafts made for the 3s lines at this time.

No metal upgrade shafts as far as I know exist. Still would not solve the problem. The alloy would still get scored and damaged.

Theres a red metal coupler that fits into the driveshaft to mate to the splitter clutch shaft. If its that, easy low cost part. You can also by that slipper clutch shaft coming out of the motor housing and its fairly cheap if I recall. You'll have to take the slipper clutch apart of course and reset the adjustment on it after install. There are no known metal driveshafts made for the 3s lines at this time.
Thanks for the info, I'm going to try to head to the LHS today to pick up the replacement plastic cover, and see if they have a clutch shaft too, just in case.

No metal upgrade shafts as far as I know exist. Still would not solve the problem. The alloy would still get scored and damaged.
I figured that if I had the driveshaft out, to see if there was an upgrade for it. A dust cover would do a better job of preventing this from happening again, so it sounds like that might be a good investment considering where I drive my vehicles.

Thanks for the info, I'm going to try to head to the LHS today to pick up the replacement plastic cover, and see if they have a clutch shaft too, just in case.

I figured that if I had the driveshaft out, to see if there was an upgrade for it. A dust cover would do a better job of preventing this from happening again, so it sounds like that might be a good investment considering where I drive my vehicles.
You can make your own out of pantyhose haha They don't make one for the Typhon as far as I know. But even still, little rocks might still get in there. It's just one of those things when you see an issue, it's best to just buy the part ahead of time and replace once it breaks :) I have a lot of replacement parts for my 3s rigs. Ready to break something lol

You can make your own out of pantyhose haha They don't make one for the Typhon as far as I know. But even still, little rocks might still get in there. It's just one of those things when you see an issue, it's best to just buy the part ahead of time and replace once it breaks :) I have a lot of replacement parts for my 3s rigs. Ready to break something lol
Yeah, I'm probably going to try and make my own dust cover. I picked up a slipper clutch Mx set and a spare drive shaft today. The drive shaft is still fine, but I figured while I was there I might as well buy one. I'm still new at this, so I'm sure I'll build up a collection of useful spare parts.

Yeah, I'm probably going to try and make my own dust cover. I picked up a slipper clutch Mx set and a spare drive shaft today. The drive shaft is still fine, but I figured while I was there I might as well buy one. I'm still new at this, so I'm sure I'll build up a collection of useful spare parts.
I'm fairly new also but I'm moving pretty fast haha I've already upgraded to 6s Notorious within a couple months of having my 3s rigs hehe This hobby is so much more fun and addicting than I though! But, waaaaay cheaper than my old 2012 Subaru Wrx mods LOL!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back