Typhon Typhon 3S BLX - Replacement Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
Just wondering if there are any alternatives/upgrades for the shocks on the Typhon 3S BLX.

Had a couple of issues where the metal shaft has come apart from the base/perch (near the eyelet). Looking last night the shaft has some grip at the bottom but that looks like the only thing holding it in, so a quick repair last night was to glue it in which seems to work.

As this has happened a few times front and rear I'm looking for a possible upgrade instead of replacing with stock.

Thanks

Just wondering if there are any alternatives/upgrades for the shocks on the Typhon 3S BLX.

Had a couple of issues where the metal shaft has come apart from the base/perch (near the eyelet). Looking last night the shaft has some grip at the bottom but that looks like the only thing holding it in, so a quick repair last night was to glue it in which seems to work.

As this has happened a few times front and rear I'm looking for a possible upgrade instead of replacing with stock.

Thanks
Typhon 6s shocks. A little spacer is need inside the top mount, but other than that, good to go. Find them at Jennys Rc for a good deal

I use them on my Big Rock and they certainly look smart and are a lot sturdier. If youre going to do big sends you may find the springs are still too soft on the 6S. A few regulars on this forum reccomend the Team Associated "yellow" springs (don't worry, theyre not actually yellow in colour) as a further upgrade.

I have the Pro-Line PowerStroke shocks on my 3s. They aren't cheap, but the quality and performance is fantastic. Pro-Line even sells spring kits designed specifically for these shocks on Arrma 3s vehicles.

Typhon 3s with Pro-line Trenchers.jpg

Tpyhon 3s Truggy.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back