Typhon 3s - original Sticker's Removed and Custom Cut Vinyl Applied

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheed85

Very Active Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Mojave
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Typhon 3s
Hope this is the right area for this, if not og members please redirect me...

I wanted to do something to make my typhon stand out without repainting. Nothing amazing here, just some die cut vinyl which I found some images and made some vector art for Arrma logo, typhon logo, and arrma 4x4 logo. Removed all stickers and cleaned up with some rubbing alcohol for adhesive removal and followed up with a wet wipe and then clean dry towel. (I work in printing and signs so having vinyl and a cutter made this easier for me. Would be happy to share some decals IF anyone is interested)

Applied some carbon fiber gloss vinyl as well in some areas to give it a unique look IMO. Took a few hours overall but happy with it so far and will be easy to re-apply replacement decals in the future because they are pretty inexpensive to make due to the size.

Thanks for checking it out!

20230623_234435.jpg

20230623_234606.jpg

20230623_234717.jpg

20230623_234802.jpg

20230623_235117.jpg

20230623_235223.jpg

20230616_125644.jpg

20230616_160636.jpg

20230616_160645.jpg

I wanted to do something to make my typhon stand out without repainting. Nothing amazing here, just some die cut vinyl which I found some images and made some vector art for Arrma logo, typhon logo, and arrma 4x4 logo. Removed all stickers and cleaned up with some rubbing alcohol for adhesive removal and followed up with a wet wipe and then clean dry towel. (I work in printing and signs so having vinyl and a cutter made this easier for me. Would be happy to share some decals IF anyone is interested)

Applied some carbon fiber gloss vinyl as well in some areas to give it a unique look IMO. Took a few hours overall but happy with it so far and will be easy to re-apply replacement decals in the future because they are pretty inexpensive to make due to the size.

View attachment 307558

View attachment 307559

View attachment 307560

View attachment 307561

View attachment 307562

View attachment 307563

View attachment 307564

View attachment 307566

View attachment 307567
That looks awesome!

Looks fantastic. Just curious, but, what program did you use to convey to a vector image? I know that is I take a JPG, and save it as a PDF, it sorta-kinda becomes a vector...but, in reality, it just ends up being a JPG "encapsulated" in PDF format. I'm trying to find a way to scan images on my Epson scanner (Windows, not Mac), but save directly in a vector format (preferably SVG, but DXE also works).
If they like it, they will make them available to all.
So that they can profit off the work of other people?

You posted in the right place.(y)
Very nice work there.:cool:

Looks fantastic. Just curious, but, what program did you use to convey to a vector image? I know that is I take a JPG, and save it as a PDF, it sorta-kinda becomes a vector...but, in reality, it just ends up being a JPG "encapsulated" in PDF format. I'm trying to find a way to scan images on my Epson scanner (Windows, not Mac), but save directly in a vector format (preferably SVG, but DXE also works).

So that they can profit off the work of other people?
I use Adobe Illustrator mostly for setting up cut files. Using cut master plug in and graphtec cutter.

In Illustrator there are some cool features that will sometimes...not always...but sometimes produce clean vectors if the jpg is clean and simple usually works best (ie Fonts and text, simple shapes)

Thanks 👍

I use Illustrator to make (or trace) a vector. You can do it in Photoshop too, basically...

You can scan image (on anything), use photoshop (for example), select what you want to be a vector path. Turn the selection into paths. Export vector as an AI, open in AI and clean it up! Then you can use a popular online transcoder to convert that to SVG or whatever you want.

Looks Great!

I found this vendor that will make you ANY vinyl sticker you want.
Just email them a graphic and they will make it!

Bad Mouse VInyl

If they like it, they will make them available to all.

These were mine
https://www.badmousevinyls.com/index.php?rt=product/product&keyword=Bad Wolf&category_id=0&product_id=630&session_id=b2ff87df8f5df04445ec07594

https://www.badmousevinyls.com/inde...7&session_id=b2ff87df8f5df04445ec07594e5691f0
Nice! Not here to sell myself haha, but thankfully I'm blessed to own my own printing and sign business so I get to make them myself and usually for personal enjoyment on my vehicles and friends and family.

Cool site and seller though!

I'd be happy to help out any members here if ever needed.

Also look into Inkscape , it's a extremely Powerful vector program.

And saves files in .SVG natively. 👊

Boss move!! I have been wanting to do the same thing even thought about buying a vinyl cutter machine , bro, you could make little kits for the whole 6S8S and mega line and they sell like hotcakes! I’m definitely interested in how I can do the same without investing in a vinyl machine when you have the time if you could, please grant me some of that wisdom! Looks amazing! love it when a plan comes together on a custom upgrade or change to a rig !!!!!!

Boss move!! I have been wanting to do the same thing even thought about buying a vinyl cutter machine , bro, you could make little kits for the whole 6S8S and mega line and they sell like hotcakes! I’m definitely interested in how I can do the same without investing in a vinyl machine when you have the time if you could, please grant me some of that wisdom! Looks amazing! love it when a plan comes together on a custom upgrade or change to a rig !!!!!!
Thanks! The thought crossed my mind but not sure how well it would be received, and would need some precise measurements for the carbon fiber areas as I trimmed these on the body with an exacto.

Thanks! The thought crossed my mind but not sure how well it would be received, and would need some precise measurements for the carbon fiber areas as I trimmed these on the body with an exacto.
Yes, but correct me if I’m wrong now that they’re all cotton perfectly to fit with an X-Acto knife can’t you just scan them and print them with the machine? Or how are you cutting them? because I know they have final cutting machines you just use design software and can pretty much make any shoe size or anything like that. That’s just even more off the mirror ridiculously awesome if you did that, all by hand with scissors and an X-Acto knife! And once you, get them down pat and got them the way you want them all nice nice you sell a set or donate lol to a guy like me and I post up and rave about them and then before you know it somebody else will want them and it’ll spread bro! Good poop right there! Especially the stickers for the side of the wings. I love the look of the stickers, but as you know they never last .

Yes, but correct me if I’m wrong now that they’re all cotton perfectly to fit with an X-Acto knife can’t you just scan them and print them with the machine? Or how are you cutting them? because I know they have final cutting machines you just use design software and can pretty much make any shoe size or anything like that. That’s just even more off the mirror ridiculously awesome if you did that, all by hand with scissors and an X-Acto knife! And once you, get them down pat and got them the way you want them all nice nice you sell a set or donate lol to a guy like me and I post up and rave about them and then before you know it somebody else will want them and it’ll spread bro! Good poop right there! Especially the stickers for the side of the wings. I love the look of the stickers, but as you know they never last .
Yes, your correct on getting them measured. The front window is easier, but I did apply them all by hand, slightly oversized and trimmed on the body. It requires a steady hand and some patience. The windows were a pain lol.

But in thay case extra replacements could be included. Maybe when I have some more free time I can explore the idea

Yes, your correct on getting them measured. The front window is easier, but I did apply them all by hand, slightly oversized and trimmed on the body. It requires a steady hand and some patience. The windows were a pain lol.

But in thay case extra replacements could be included. Maybe when I have some more free time I can explore the idea
Yeah bro the struggle is real with the windows I put mirror vinyl on a few rigs windows, and it was a female dog, but I definitely would like to get some more of you. When you get it all figured out please let me know, keep up the great work!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back