Typhon Typhon mega brushless upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need a fan on that motor, Ihave a 3650 in my senton and it'sgreat...with a fan. The one I use snaps on but I'd suggest adding some thermal paste. The adhesive I got helps transfer heat really well and keeps the fan on really well..a little too well, if you ever want to remove it don't use an adhesive, that's all I can say ;)

Fan and heatsync:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0758JSF2D?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Thermal adhesive:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07HCDRL7W/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_inactive_ship_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Cool cool, ill grab one with my new motor. Probably gonna grab around 3000 or a little higher and gear up so I can use my 2s and still use 3 sometimes. Previous hinksinks/fans ive used in my other truck didnt help temps and the guys I ran with never ran them so I didnt even consider it, but I will try again!

Cool cool, ill grab one with my new motor. Probably gonna grab around 3000 or a little higher and gear up so I can use my 2s and still use 3 sometimes. Previous hinksinks/fans ive used in my other truck didnt help temps and the guys I ran with never ran them so I didnt even consider it, but I will try again!
Thermal paste will help with temp transfers too ;)

Thermal paste will help with temp transfers too ;)
You build PCs too don't you.

There's a guy on here that swears up and down the best thing for heat is the bigger motor can. K-Bash

He's got a 4060 in his 3S and runs a 26T pinion. Says he swaps out in the fall and winter for a higher kv and smaller pinion.

You build PCs too don't you.

There's a guy on here that swears up and down the best thing for heat is the bigger motor can. K-Bash

He's got a 4060 in his 3S and runs a 26T pinion. Says he swaps out in the fall and winter for a higher kv and smaller pinion.
Yeah, IT need fo sho ;)

That's my plan, just got my Kraton at the end of July and my senton doesn't experience the death by heat as badly as the kraton on higher gear ratios so it looks like I'll have seasonal gearing on my Kraton at least ;)

Just curious how that hobbystar set up worked for you as I am waiting for my 3660 3300kv motor to arrive.

So I changed the motor, esc and pinion to 3670 2350kv, 120A esc and 17t pinion. The torque is awesome, acceleration is great, but the top speed still lacking especially when using 2s lipo. I did try using 3s lipo and it was definitely faster. I checked the temp after running 90% full throttle using 3s lipo for about 3 laps on a football field (turf) and the temp measure around 120-125F at the motor, 105-107F at ESC, cable and battery around 90-100F with ambient temp at 83F. Using 2s is not as hot as using 3s. Should I changed the pinion to 27t and I will upgrade the fan to a much faster one too?
View attachment 89803
which motor and esc is that ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back