Typhon Typhon mk1 slight upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coop63

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hi people, new to the forum so here goes, I have a mk1 typhon 6s
First question I am running on two 3 cell lipos is there more advantage using just a one 6s battery?
Second question, I want to upgrade the wheels and tyres for more off road use and a slightly bigger pinion, but don't want compromise the performance, thanks for your patience guys all help greatly appreciated

Welcome to the Arrma Forum @Coop63 I personally run one 6s battery. There is nothing wrong with running stacked batteries as long as their two of the same (matched) batteries. As for increasing the pinion size check out Tekno or Robinson Racing for aftermarket replacements they are way better than stock. Just keep an eye on your temps.
Welcome to the Arrma Forum @Coop63 I personally run one 6s battery. There is nothing wrong with running stacked batteries as long as their two of the same (matched) batteries. As for increasing the pinion size check out Tekno or Robinson Racing for aftermarket replacements they are way better than stock. Just keep an eye on your temps.
I like the single battery 6s brick because it's less batteries to have, charge, and maintain.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Arrma Forum family @Coop63. The speed pinion that comes with the buggy should give you more than enough speed if you still plan on running mostly off road. As far as tires are concerned, you have to be careful how big and wide you go or heat becomes an issue when driving hard. Arrma makes a Dboot Backflip LP (low profile) for the 4s Outcast. That would make a great starting point for something more aggressive than the stock buggy tires.

Second question, I want to upgrade the wheels and tyres for more off road use and a slightly bigger pinion, but don't want compromise the performance, thanks for your patience guys all help greatly appreciated

For winter, I remove the 20t for the 15t pinion, put heavier oil diff in rear (7k instead of 3k) and use those basic Red cat tires/wheels;

IMG_2707 (2).JPG

Not bad for snow road spin in 4s and ice road spin in 3s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back