Typhon Typhon v4 looking for advice on mustang do upgrades for running on a dirt sort course

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handzace

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Talion EXB
  7. Typhon 3s
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Typhon Mega
  10. Vendetta
  11. Infraction 4x4
Picked up this unbelievably good shape v4 typhon and I want to keep it as a dirt track rig and right off the bat looks like I’m gonna need springs because these are just horrible sealed bearings already replace the steering servo that let go of course in swapped out the speed waiting for Typhon mega track. Wing which I think will be better for the track anyway and I’m gonna run Dura Trax lock ups it’s got to stock the BLX system in it but looking for advice on must do upgrades for dirt track and tuning for dirt track typhon in specific thanx in advance rc fam!

IMG_6791.jpeg

IMG_6790.jpeg

IMG_6789.jpeg

IMG_6788.jpeg

IMG_6787.jpeg

IMG_6786.jpeg

Keep it light. Don't need much in Upgrades at first. You look good there already. Many will go to alloy Fr and Rr chassis braces. If not jumping any BIG Air, alloy braces may not be needed with this Short WB chassis. Running a track course, some flex from the plastic braces can be benficial for traction, while remaining lighter.
Those knobby Block tires are best for loomy dirt, not hard packed. A Basher tire, not a track tire. I could be wrong there. Because this can be subjective to a Point. Buggy Mini Pins are usually, better for a confined technical track. One that has Blue Grooved Lines already. When it comes to tires, it's best to have several different types. With track running, its all about the the tires to get best lap times, first and formost, all else being equal. Just swapping out a set for a given day, can change your day for the better. An outside track changes with rain, humidity and weather, Hot or cold out, and how well you keep it groomed before use.
If just "playing around" on a track non-competitively, all this probably won't matter..... IDK.

Edited.

Last edited:
Keep it light. Don't need much in Upgrades at first. You look good there already. Many will go to alloy Fr and Rr chassis braces. If not jumping any BIG Air, alloy braces may not be needed with this Short WB chassis. Running a track course, some flex from the plastic braces can be benficial for traction, while remaining lighter.
Those knobby Block tires are best for loomy dirt, not hard packed. A Basher tire, not a track tire. I could be wrong there. Because this can be subjective to a Point. Buggy Mini Pins are usually, better for a confined technical track. One that has Blue Grooved Lines already. When it comes to tires, it's best to have several different types. With track running, its all about the the tires to get best lap times, first and formost, all else being equal. Just swapping out a set for a given day, can change your day for the better. An outside track changes with rain, humidity and weather, Hot or cold out, and how well you keep it groomed before use.
If just "playing around" on a track non-competively, all this probably won't matter..... IDK.

Edited.
I have these other tires I use alit but I run on a sandy track sometimes and need the traction that’s why I have those duratrax I also run the typhon mega tires and they work great anyway so do u know What weight shock oil and diff fluids f/r/c are they running for course no big air running on this rig stock shocks ?
If just "playing around" on a track non-competively, all this probably won't matter..... IDK.

Edited.
Ive been running typhon mega tires with no problems up to 6 s just check the bead because sometimes on 6s a section of bead may fail but other than that they’re great and cheap ! But I’m going to try these duratrax because the track I run on most is sandy so grip is an issue so pin tipe grip tires give me no traction at all I actually have a few sets I run them in harder dirt ,clay …in the pic are the ones I use for hatd r packed dirt ..thank for the advice

IMG_6834.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back