Unbreakable on my Outcast 8s w roll cage lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RotorBalls

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Outcast 8s
  3. Senton 3s
Has anyone successfully mounted a roll cage on these bodies? I failed miserably but at least I tried. I had all my truck bed holes drilled out perfectly and then cut the back window holes. I noticed it was not able to mount flush to the truck bed at this point. I kept trying to make the back window holes bigger thinking it was just rubbing. Then I figured the roof holes must need to be cut for it the posts to mount flush on the truck bed...but alas that still didn't work. I ended up just cutting the roll cage to make it work. I guess it's not really as functional being cut but at least it looks close to stock.

I spent most of the afternoon on this. Really a pain trying to ream and drill out 18 or so holes on this thing. I'm not done putting stickers on but here are some progress pics. Looked like my sticker sheet came with black and wood panel for the sides. I went with the black cutting out stickers and not really thinking about it but I like the look actually. I'm still waiting for the body clips to come in.

20210320_174705.jpg

20210320_174710.jpg

20210320_174715.jpg

20210320_174732.jpg

20210320_191907.jpg

20210320_191914.jpg

20210320_192545.jpg

Last edited:
Actually you did a fairly decent job at that considering what you are working with. 👍

Most unbreakables that I have seen are not molded from true negative molds of the OE stock bodies. I can only imagine that is because of copyright reasons? I am not 100% sure. But makes the most sense to me. Negative molding/ vacuum forming would create an identical of the OE.
So when mounting the stock roll cages etc, the parts don't line up easily at all. The Unbreakable bodies have larger exaggerated dimensions like they are simply molded over a stock OE body. Becoming larger dimensionally and requiring some trial and error fitting the stock roll cage. Add to the fact that unbreakables use thicker material.

Just my observation.:cool:

@SrC Thanks for the info...this was my first rc and first time doing anything like this. I just wish I hadn't cut those holes out of the back window if I'd had known it wouldn't work. The sticker for the back window is kinda floating on part of the holes I cut out. For never having done anything like this before I'm happy with my work overall. :)

Seriously, you did an excellent job. :) I am being honest. I couldn't have done better. Need much patience for that.👍

Finished the decals and just transferred over my body clips. Don't know why I thought I had to use an exacto knife cut out the stickers. Switched over to scissors half way through for much cleaner lines. Clips are pretty tough to put on with the thicker body and roll cage on...not sure if there's anything I can do about that. My 5 yo helped put stickers on...he also wanted to put on the extra license :D

20210321_142254.jpg

20210321_142303.jpg

Nice job. Reaming out the body post holes somewhat larger may help installing the pins. Sometimes I use Chapstick to lube up new body posts, helps break them in, pins slide in a bit smoother till they break in. I did that with my 6s unbreakable PL body. It was very thick also.

Is it comparable to the sho goo?

Unbreakable is a different league than sho goo. A lot stronger. But durable painting not possible.

Nice. I need to get one for my K8S before I destroy the body.

Nice. I need to get one for my K8S before I destroy the body.
This was my thinking...wanting to try and keep it in decent shape. It's only a few months old and already seeing some decent wear.

I bought a replacement cage for my stock body. Just need to buy the bolts since it didn't come with it. Wish I had another stab at installing the cage on my unbreakable though. I'd have drilled the holes in the back window and then roof first. :)

The stickers that came with this body aren't the best but glad I got something to put on it since you can't really paint them.

Unbreakable bodies are so ugly, but yours look good with the decals, windows, and cage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back