Mojave Upgraded Mojave motor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings Arrma forum I need a little help with getting a upgraded motor mount to run the hw max6 w/4985 motor or will it be ok to run the stock mount?
Welcome

As stated the stock is fine. I have the same setup in a few 6S rigs. One option, and NOT required, change out the top motor mount screws to cap heads. Since you need to torque down on them, many here avoid the stock that could wear out the shallow stock screw head.

Just a suggestion those are easily found at a hardware store as well. Just be mindful of the screw length to be the same

1684203543555.png

Welcome

As stated the stock is fine. I have the same setup in a few 6S rigs. One option, and NOT required, change out the top motor mount screws to cap heads. Since you need to torque down on them, many here avoid the stock that could wear out the shallow stock screw head.

Just a suggestion those are easily found at a hardware store as well. Just be mindful of the screw length to be the same

View attachment 299954
I've seen a few pics here in the forum with some really trick looking screws and washers, any leads on those? I just put the 4985 in my fire team, and I'm liking the advice you're offering here. I might run off to the hardware store tomorrow when I swap pinions out 👍

Welcome

View attachment 299954
From the picture it looks like you did the epoxy mod around the esc motor plugs? I was watching some videos and someone mentioned doing it bc they were a lil easy to pop out on big jumps and crashes.

I've seen a few pics here in the forum with some really trick looking screws and washers, any leads on those? I just put the 4985 in my fire team, and I'm liking the advice you're offering here. I might run off to the hardware store tomorrow when I swap pinions out 👍
There are nicer ones out there, but I need to search to find them like you not sure where the others got them from.

From the picture it looks like you did the epoxy mod around the esc motor plugs? I was watching some videos and someone mentioned doing it bc they were a lil easy to pop out on big jumps and crashes.

None have popped out on me before they are a snug fit. In my pic, I have a JB Weld, a temperature probe to the ESC heat sink mount. I have a visible temp display mounted to read the temp vs. taking off the body and using a temp gun. In that pick, nothing was used to the ESC motor bullets :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back