Kraton New RamJam Motor Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both this and the new m2c mount seem to fail in comparison to the pps mount in like every way.

Either I'm not bashing hard enough but I never needed a stronger motor mount for my 6S bashers.
I think it's more the bling factor and the ease of setting mesh. Once you experience that easy mesh life you really don't want to go back. :ROFLMAO:

Either I'm not bashing hard enough but I never needed a stronger motor mount for my 6S bashers.
For a basher I'd probably stick with the original.
For a speed runner the aftermarket mounts allow for a larger adjustment area so you can fit bigger gears.

Last edited:
All just for the guys throwing money at theoretical numbers.

If I were PPS I'd be pissed.. Hope he's got the copyrights. Looks like a solid mount.

Lots of copies of his mount now. The Iron man brand is the closest rip off.... but this one from RamJam is close too.

1707511414336.png

PPS is still be best out there for sure.

It takes very minimal changes and or differences to infringe on someone’s patent or intellectual property….

Simple variances like using a ball end mill instead of a square cut end mill …
Very minimal changes. !!! ..

I had numerous big wig companies copy some of my designs back in the day (non RC related )( (think 922r compliance parts for building boom booms out of demilled MGs)
Wasn’t chit I could do about it ..
If memory serves, it was a 5% difference in manufacturing process. I’m just throwing that out there.
Looks like a good mount though

It is near impossible to stop it and probably not worth the legal expense. In the end you buy from manufacturers that will stand behind the product. Overseas they manufacture knock offs right down the street from the name brand manufacturer. Many times they obtain the exact manufacturer spec and design stolen from the main plant.

Not rocket ships here, most of us with CAD experience can reverse engineer this design in SW without even having the components in hand.

It’s all about the ability to manufacture it with repeatable quality and efficiently with materials/labor.

It takes very minimal changes and or differences to infringe on someone’s patent or intellectual property….

Simple variances like using a ball end mill instead of a square cut end mill …
Very minimal changes. !!! ..

I had numerous big wig companies copy some of my designs back in the day (non RC related )( (think 922r compliance parts for building boom booms out of demilled MGs)
Wasn’t chit I could do about it ..
If memory serves, it was a 5% difference in manufacturing process. I’m just throwing that out there.
Looks like a good mount though
I haven’t thought about 922r compliance since I had a couple Saigas many, many years ago. That was annoying, but easy to accomplish with all the US made parts available for the platform.

Just saw a James McCoy video with a new M2C mount that's kinda similar as well...it's good these guys are making allowances for the bigger can motors which is really where the stock mount was lacking. The stock mount is great for regular bashing but when you want to upgrade to the larger motors the stock mount comes up short. The PPS mount is probably the creme de la creme of mounts though...just an awesome design and unmatched quality that holds up to both hard bashing and drag/speed running. Unfortunately he seems to not be able to keep up with demand which maybe why you see all the "copycat" mounts lately.

Here's the James McCoy video with the new M2C mount which actually looks like a great piece as well. I'm definitely interested.

I haven’t thought about 922r compliance since I had a couple Saigas many, many years ago. That was annoying, but easy to accomplish with all the US made parts available for the platform.
It’s frikin dumb
But the penalties for not having specific amount of US made parts (insert arbitrary number ) in a semi auto tat tat made from demilled non US gun are definitely steep to say the least!!!

Not rocket ships here, most of us with CAD experience can reverse engineer this design in SW without even having the components in hand.

It’s all about the ability to manufacture it with repeatable quality and efficiently with materials/labor.
No one said it was. I’ll assume you have CAD experience to post that. Why haven’t you made one?

FWIW I’m not going to lose and sleep over it, just sucks for PPS for doing all the hard work..

No one said it was. I’ll assume you have CAD experience to post that. Why haven’t you made one?

FWIW I’m not going to lose and sleep over it, just sucks for PPS for doing all the hard work..
Does PPS pay Arrma or any other "hard-working" OE designer for giving them the opportunity to make money off aftermarket products?

Last edited:
Back