Senton V3 just 15 minutes of fun ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ho lee chit

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
Got the senton 3s v3 today then this happened
IMG_20200918_193306.jpg

Guess what? Tyres are on backorder.
These are the things that make it difficult to love arrma.

Anybody know a good alternative that holds up for several packs?

Are you running on concrete/asphalt? I had to buy street tires for that sole purpose, and I run the GoolRC tires on factory Senton rims for grass/dirt. I used a glue gun to plug the rim holes and I do not have vented tires, full WOT upside down and tires barely pizza cutter.

Back order is horrible right now but so is everything. I would like to see the replacement tires be made a little better. I like the senton tires but the foams and rubber aren’t very good, they are grippy and good looking new but that’s about it they seem thin for tires. The rims are probably as strong as solid rims. If they make the lugs any bigger they would be proline badlands. I don’t understand why the senton tires can seem so bad while I’m obsessed with the granite tires they are basically the same just different sizes.

Are you running on concrete/asphalt? I had to buy street tires for that sole purpose, and I run the GoolRC tires on factory Senton rims for grass/dirt. I used a glue gun to plug the rim holes and I do not have vented tires, full WOT upside down and tires barely pizza cutter.
I was running in the woods. Not really crazy since this is my first sct. I didn't really expect that an sct runs that much different than outcast 6s, kraton, X-maxx. The senton oversteers so much more, kind of tail wiggling puppy

I wish my senton had oversteer...Mine was a plow

I was running in the woods. Not really crazy since this is my first sct. I didn't really expect that an sct runs that much different than outcast 6s, kraton, X-maxx. The senton oversteers so much more, kind of tail wiggling puppy

I am still waiting for my Senton backordered replacement tires after I did exactly what you did. They are warrantying them which is nice,.. but won't expect too much from the new ones once they get here.

That looks like a 2.8" tire,.. I have a set like that Duratrax lockup ST and I blew the side walls because they have no bead protection and the sidewall rolls.

That looks like a 2.8" tire,.. I have a set like that Duratrax lockup ST and I blew the side walls because they have no bead protection and the sidewall rolls.
I believe it's a 2.2" tire since the website says 56mm. The Louise is taller, original is 104 mm, louise 119mm. A bit too tall I guess
http://www.louiserc.com/products/st-hummer-1
These might work

I believe it's a 2.2" tire since the website says 56mm. The Louise is taller, original is 104 mm, louise 119mm. A bit too tall I guess
http://www.louiserc.com/products/st-hummer-1
These might work

You are linking 2.8" Stadium Trucks tires, they tend to have a thinner outer sidewall and larger outside diameter,.. this is the link to Short Course tires that are 2.2"/3.0" http://www.louiserc.com/products?b_size=12&sort_on=sortable_title&sort_order=ascending&p_category=SHORT COURSE&p_subject=&

The tire on the left is a 2.8" ST tire, the 3 on the right are 2.2/3.0 SC tires

tires.jpg

Last edited:
You are linking 2.8" Stadium Trucks tires, they tend to have a thinner outer sidewall and larger outside diameter,.. this is the link to Short Course tires that are 2.2"/3.0" http://www.louiserc.com/products?b_size=12&sort_on=sortable_title&sort_order=ascending&p_category=SHORT COURSE&p_subject=&

The tire on the left is a 2.8" ST tire, the 3 on the right are 2.2/3.0 SC tires

View attachment 100481
So it might be better to convert to 12mm hex for a better choice of tyres

IMG_20200919_151342.jpg

I guess the tire was not the only thing to blow ?

IMG_20200919_151502.jpg

Jay! Jim Lewis is the man!

Nostradamus doesn't have @#$& on me ? like I knew this was going to happen

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back