Kraton Kraton 6s v5 battery only having around 3 minutes of running

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xeniqs

Reaction score
I recently got an arrma Kraton 6s. Driving it around, I’ve been noticing I only get around 2-3 minutes of time before the battery goes into low power mode. I have a 6000mah 100c 6s lipo battery. I charge the battery to max 22.22v and drive it around, then come back and check the voltage. It usually says around 21.5v is in the battery, even though it goes into the low power mode. I’m not really trigger happy and I drive it on the lowest power setting. Is there any way to fix this?

image.jpg

It may have one really bad cell that’s getting low very quickly and tripping the voltage cut-off. Just happened to me twice. If you can check individual cell resistance and voltage you’ll see.

Yeah something is definitely off there. The battery is new or? Do you have a cell checker? What kind of charger? Even if you don't have a cell checker, you can plug the battery into the charger and check cell voltages. Does sound like a dead cell.
Charged voltage should be around 25
Yes, I missed OP saying they charged to 22.2v. That's not full charge..

Last edited:
Yeah something is definitely off there. The battery is new or? Do you have a cell checker? What kind of charger? Even if you don't have a cell checker, you can plug the battery into the charger and check cell voltages. Does sound like a dead cell.

Would be an easy fix for them. Otherwise ya probably new battery time

I would try two things, first attach your balance plug to your charger and put it in "cell voltage" mode and look for a cell that's lower than the rest. Cell 1 being a tiny bit lower is normal. Second, I would try a charge where you use the charger's presets for determining when the battery is fully charged. If everything fails then it's time for a new battery.

It may have one really bad cell that’s getting low very quickly and tripping the voltage cut-off. Just happened to me twice. If you can check individual cell resistance and voltage you’ll see.
Thanks for the help. Do I get a new one or is there a way to fix it? Also when I get a new one, should I get 2 3s or just 1 6s?

I have a c240 duo.
All the cells are fine. I charged it to 25.5 volts and it worked well for around 20 minutes. No need for a new battery. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. Do I get a new one or is there a way to fix it? Also when I get a new one, should I get 2 3s or just 1 6s?

I have a c240 duo.
All the cells are fine. I charged it to 25.5 volts and it worked well for around 20 minutes. No need for a new battery. Thanks.
Glad to hear. 20 minutes sounds about right. New batteries will take a few cycles before giving max runtime in my experience.
A single 6s is probably best for performance and simplicity, but also more expensive than buying 2x3s I find.

I have a c240 duo.

That’s too high, you charge a lipo to 4.2v per cell. So 4.2 x 6 = 25.2v.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back