V5 servo saver spring clip question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mopsik_Klopsik

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
How many clips do you guys use on your v5 servo saver and which spring? ( black or silver one ). I did some testing and it looks like the black spring with 3 clips feels almost identical as the sliver one with 1 clip. Both of these combinations make servo saver stiffer for the cost of less spring travel ( spring fully compresses a bit earlier but there is still enough travel to save the servo in my opinion ). Personally I would not add another clip because it would lead to spring fully compressing way to early, preventing the servo saver from doing its job ( not enough travel ). Maybe I'm wrong, let me know what is in your opinion the best setup. I used the washers instead of the clips but they are the same thickness of 1mm.

Last edited:
I just used e-clips tapped under the spring while prying up on the washer to preload for clearance.

Eventually I got tired of Arrma's non-adjustable design and disassembled for a threaded pre-load option.

1709326803639.png

I just used e-clips tapped under the spring while prying up on the washer to preload for clearance.

Eventually I got tired of Arrma's non-adjustable design and disassembled for a threaded pre-load option.

View attachment 351881

Even the cheapo Amazon ones are better than the stock one. I wish Arrma would have just installed a clamping nut on the old style servo saver. My Outcast still runs the OG servo saver on it fwiw.

Even the cheapo Amazon ones are better than the stock one. I wish Arrma would have just installed a clamping nut on the old style servo saver. My Outcast still runs the OG servo saver on it fwiw.
What was the complaint with the early saver? Not familiar with the design but IIRC it loosened up during bashing?

What was the complaint with the early saver? Not familiar with the design but IIRC it loosened up during bashing?
Yeah for quite a few people the nut would back off and the ss would loosen up. A little dab of red thread lock or even 2 nuts fixed it though.

I'm worried that I may have restricted saver movement too much and that it will not save the servo from impact. That's why I want to know if someone else has also used that many e-clips and if they had any issues with their servo.

I will consider this threaded servo saver.

Last edited:
I'm worried that I may have restricted saver movement too much and that it will not save the servo from impact. That's why I want to know if someone else has also used that many e-clips and if they had any issues with their servo.

I will consider this threaded servo saver.
Yeah sorry we weren't much help.

Back