Front spring help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldgoat

Reaction score
I read and did the correct shock upgrade for the Vorteks. For the front shocks I used the axial 23x40 7.9 lb springs.
Here is what I have…
The front doesn’t seem to hold the car up to height but at the same time it is very bouncy. Any recommendation?

What exactly is the "correct shock upgrade" that you did?
Need to be more specific here.:cool:
Need way more info.

The correct shock upgrade thread.
Infraction fronrear shocks for the front with a jail 7.9lb springs

7.9 sounds way too stiff to me.

Axial Crawler Springs are too soft/hard?? Are incorrect? Wrong length? Only you can say. Send a video or pix of your setup.
Are you familiar with building shocks. Spring rates, damping rates, extension and compression stroke. Etc. The video above is a good one to start with.
Why the Infr . shocks???
What makes them the "correct" Upgrade shocks??

Yes it seems to heavy but I went wit what the thread said. I just can’t find a lot of options for that shock.

Yeah the Vorteks is hard to match the shocks. But many others have done this. Best to use a slightly longer shock than the OE ones and use Shock Limiters inside the shocks to measure out the correct compression stroke to match the OE shocks. Then the springs might still have to be addressed. Separately. Shocks are a very dynamic component, to get them just right takes some well read shock knowledge.. Not that hard to do. Patience.
What exactly was the size comparison/Difference of the Stocker shocks compared to the Infraction Shocks?
Never seen the small Onroad 6s shocks used anywhere else except on them.
>>>The 6s Mojave and 6s Typhon shocks are usually the go to shocks for the 3s 4x4 guys. And then use Tekno 1/8 softer springs if need be. 6s rigs are way heavier than 4x4 line, so the 6s springs are usually too stiff for it.
6s Typhon Front springs are probably softest along with the Mojave.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back