New K6 EXB V2 servo saver worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it from Arrma when the new truck was first released. ARA340204, it comes with everything you need including all hardware, steering plate not included.

I have the stock V1 EXB servo saver with adjustable spring. Anyone think it's worth it to upgrade to the new V2? I've heard some youtubers say they like the new saver and that it drives really well. Not sure why that would be but I'm no expert. Thanks

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/high-torque-slider-servo-saver-set/ARA340204.html
Heard it’s definitely better than before
I grabbed a couple complete sets off Jenny’s
A great deal considering all you get

I was skeptical at first but the new servo saver was night and day difference on my V5. I give it a 6/5 rating as well. Bought mine new from Horizon.

I have this one from Amazon, which also works terrific. Just be careful tightening the grub screw on the collar, as others have said its is easy to strip. I don't think it would make much of a difference, stripped or not as I use the collar in the loosest position anyway as the spring is quite stiff : 6s Servo Saver
Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 11.17.33 AM.png

I have the stock V1 EXB servo saver with adjustable spring. Anyone think it's worth it to upgrade to the new V2? I've heard some youtubers say they like the new saver and that it drives really well. Not sure why that would be but I'm no expert. Thanks

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/high-torque-slider-servo-saver-set/ARA340204.html
Those adjustable V1 SS can still be had from the Arrma parts list. The main early complaint with them was that they loosened up with use, getting weak steering out of nowhere. I found if you use some Blue TL on it stayed put. Just me. That, and with an X Hard Spring works out best.
When Arrma first went to the V2 type "Fixed SS", everyone hated them, And were buying up the prior V1 adjustable variant. Then going forward shimming the V2 SS with Circlips became a thing.
I am curious about the New V3 type double sprung SS version.
Is it a mixed bag??:unsure:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back