Vendetta 3S Electronics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qwik86

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I recently swapped the ESC and Motor from my Vendetta into my Typhon. I was running it today on grass and street when all of a sudden the motor stopped. I believe this happened when it was in the Vendetta but I forgot about this issue. I bought the Vendetta used and only drove it a couple of times. I actually thought it was a Gyro issue but I turned it off a while back. Does anybody have an answer as to why this keeps happening?

IMG_6018.jpeg

IMG_6019.jpeg

I recently swapped the ESC and Motor from my Vendetta into my Typhon. I was running it today on grass and street when all of a sudden the motor stopped. I believe this happened when it was in the Vendetta but I forgot about this issue. I bought the Vendetta used and only drove it a couple of times. I actually thought it was a Gyro issue but I turned it off a while back. Does anybody have an answer as to why this keeps happening?

View attachment 350865

View attachment 350866
Do you have more details?

On the ESC, was there a flashing light, and if so, what color?

Did you check the cells in your battery to see if you hit LV or maybe a bad cell in the battery? You still would get a light on the ESC

Was ESC overheated? Again would be a light

Temperature appeared to be good, I could leave my finger on both the motor and ESC.

Also I turned the car off and on without taking off the body. The steering was working the whole time. After I turned it off and on, it acted normal again.

There's a good chance you overheated the ESC and it went into thermal shutdown or over current limit. The 3900kv motor draws a ton of amps. You can overheat the ESC board without the outside getting very hot because of how many amps it draws. This happened to me constantly on the Vendetta, if you take it off road with similar gearing to stock typhon you're gonna overdraw the BLX100 or Spektrum 100 escs. If you wanna keep running this motor you should look at 10bl120 or even an 8th scale ESC.

There's a good chance you overheated the ESC and it went into thermal shutdown or over current limit. The 3900kv motor draws a ton of amps. You can overheat the ESC board without the outside getting very hot because of how many amps it draws. This happened to me constantly on the Vendetta, if you take it off road with similar gearing to stock typhon you're gonna overdraw the BLX100 or Spektrum 100 escs. If you wanna keep running this motor you should look at 10bl120 or even an 8th scale ESC.
Ok, excellent information! I’ll have no problem swapping to the WP 10BL120, they’re cheap enough and I’m very familiar with them. I’ll post again once I swap it out and test it. I truly appreciate your help.
Thank You Very Much!!

Ok, excellent information! I’ll have no problem swapping to the WP 10BL120, they’re cheap enough and I’m very familiar with them. I’ll post again once I swap it out and test it. I truly appreciate your help.
Thank You Very Much!!
Sorry 10bl120 is kind of confusing, I specifically mean the newer Sensorless 10BL120 G2, the sensored one is a bit more tailored for touring cars.

Back