Electronics.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric demkosky

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I got a dx5 pro recently. I bonded it to my arrma vendetta and when I trotle up. It reverses 1st then goes forward. I don't know why it dose this. Any suggestions for a fix.

I got a dx5 pro recently. I bonded it to my arrma vendetta and when I trotle up. It reverses 1st then goes forward. I don't know why it dose this. Any suggestions for a fix.

Sounds like maybe you have to make a adjustment on the throttle setting on the remote?
Calibrate your remote to the esc. Should fix the problem. With a new remote you have to recalibrate hand remote to the esc.
Calibrate your remote to the esc. Should fix the problem. With a new remote you have to recalibrate hand remote to the esc.
Ignore my first comment!
Recalibrate the dx5 pro to the esc and you should be good. Look in your manual for it

If all your trims are zeroed out revert to throttle calibration via the esc, let us know what happens!
Considering he has a new remote,definitely have to calibrate new remote to esc.
Even if all trims are set to zero.

My dx5 rugged has calibrate THR/STR mode in settings, not sure if the pro is similar.

Start out with a new model in your DX5 to get all the defaults.
Now, reverse the throttle channel in your DX5.

Next, do the full bind sequence according to your Vendetta manual.
Once that is complete and successful, you have to do the throttle range adjust per your manual.
Last but not least, if steering is reverse, go ahead and reverse that channel as well.

Never touch the bind again, unless you bind a new receiver.

Things that typically go wrong,
1. people don't do the full bind sequence. It's more than pushing bind.
2. DX5 is too close to your receiver, make sure it's 6ft apart
3. your car should be with wheels OFF the ground, or you might see it ricochet across the floor if you mess up.

Different settings, that's for the tx settings.. gotta calibrate the esc throttle settings.. and yes the pro is different than our rugged's

Yeah Spektrum/Hobbywing that’s the way I do it. HobbyStar for example does not have independent ESC Calibration so I use the TX function to confirm travel/limits or close to 0 neutral and full Max inputs. Did it one time with the ESC on, like riding a bull 😂

IMG_3150.jpeg

Once that is complete and successful, you have to do the throttle range adjust per your manual.
Last but not least, if steering is reverse, go ahead and reverse that channel as well.

3. your car should be with wheels OFF the ground, or you might see it ricochet across the floor if you mess up.
+1 if you just start over 🥴

I refined it and had to adjust some trims and now it seems to work fine. Thanks.
I refined it and had to adjust some trims and now it seems to work fine. Thanks.
Rebined it

I did everything just incase. Bust rebuking it calibrating the transmitter and then adjusting some trims worked. I still did the esc to be shure.
Nice,problem solved. Now I hope it's not raining where you are, unlike nyc just lots of rain and 90% humidity 🫠
Go for a rip if you 😁can

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back