Vendetta Vendetta speed run, tires rubbing inside of body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavefromCA

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Vendetta
I took my newly built 6s vendetta for an initial test, and holy moly its fast. One issue that popped up, right around 70 mph is started making this rubbing sound and now I see why. The 17mm GRP tires are rubbing the body on the inner sides. I put granite hubs to make the stance narrower so i didn’t have to cut the body. Any ideas on how to rectify this? I was thinking I’d replace the shocks with some turnbuckles. Any part numbers would be appreciated.
IMG_9204.jpeg

id say at that point, it would just be easier to stick the wheels back out and chop that body

I took my newly built 6s vendetta for an initial test, and holy moly its fast. One issue that popped up, right around 70 mph is started making this rubbing sound and now I see why. The 17mm GRP tires are rubbing the body on the inner sides. I put granite hubs to make the stance narrower so i didn’t have to cut the body. Any ideas on how to rectify this? I was thinking I’d replace the shocks with some turnbuckles. Any part numbers would be appreciated. View attachment 327899

You could elevated the body Posts to raise the shell a tad higher.. to clear those front wheels.

You'll need to raise the REAR posts even higher to have proper aero -to keep the body from catching air & parachuting..

Easy fix..i put a body mount post here to support body from being pushed down into tires from downforce..or ya can heat up that area with torch an reform body at that location

Screenshot_20231025_102544_Photos.jpg

20230708_171448~2.jpg

Last edited:
If you have a bumpy road it may be best to keep the shocks.
I have shocks on my cars and install fuel tubing over the shock shaft to act as a travel limiter.

Tygon tubing sold on Amazon will last the best. Other tubing I had tried tends to split over time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back