Vendetta Vendetta mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

granitebasher88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave
  4. Mojave 4s
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Vendetta
  8. Vorteks
Came out ok I guess first time doing a body paint. Got some cracking for some reason though waited till it was dry and all no idea why.

image.jpg

I prob washed it 2-3 times with dawn. Didn’t think about roughing it for prep I did first just mist it for the first coat to set a decent base.
did you wash the body enough? also scratching the body a little bit with steel wool before painting helps too.
nice painting BTW.

looking more at the pic, that MT10 looks great!
Also thank you! And just a MT10 on a granite.

I prob washed it 2-3 times with dawn. Didn’t think about roughing it for prep I did first just mist it for the first coat to set a decent base.

Wash & Scuff..

You need to scuff up the surface to give the paint a good bond.

Nice paint work.(y)

Yeah first coat always light mist, especially Pearl or translucent colors. Allow to dry well between coats. If below 60F, or very humid out, I use a Heat gun to hasten drying each coat better.
But along with a wash, use a fresh Scuff pad while wet and rinse well, dry with lint free cloth/ microfiber. Finally alcohol prep.
Yet even after all that, an accidental fingerprint left there can cause cracking or peeling. Been there.

Edited.

Last edited:
Temperature and humidity plays a huge role on how the paint will crack. I've made the mistake of painting stuff outside in the cold and my paint started to crack. I've invested in a heat gun to cure it between coats.

Scuff the body - it helps too....and wash it good. I used my Powerwash dishwashing soap, wiped it down with some lint-free towel and blow dry it (used my heat gun) to warm up the lexan a bit as well.

Guys in the UK use "Fairy" dish soap.
Here in the States we use "Dawn".
If you had the choice which brand would you use?:geek:
The shape of both bottles are the same.
Both made by Proctor and Gamble.:unsure:
1706202489890.jpeg

1706202578875.jpeg

Last edited:
A splitter will protect the body to a decent extent, while also cleaning up the Below chassis Aero. better. Maintaining a Negative pressure below the chassis. What keeps the rig planted at speed.

Heard that thanks man I’m looking into them now and gona pick one up forsure I wish they had something to keep the front of my granite 3 on the ground I’ll tell you it’s horrible to drive all it does is wheelie everywhere it almost has me fixing to buy something else…..kraton cough cough!!! I’ve ripped my wife’s vortek all stock and that thing like plants itself to the ground and def doesn’t wheelie close to as much as my granite does when you hit the throttle it like sinks down and stays down and I’m guessing that has a lot to do with the ride hight of the granite I can only imagine the kraton doing the same being how it looks like a low center of gravity I dono just looks like it would handle the same way.

IMG_6656.jpeg

IMG_6790.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back