Outcast Vitavon 29mm diff case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
Saw that Vitavon makes a new 20mm diff case now for the EXB diffs that is exactly like the Arrma one that HOPEFULLY will actually come off of pre-order and ship one day...lol.

It is a 2 peice design using 7075 and HD steel for the end peice. The original ones they made were all one peice aluminum, which did not interest me. This will make for a much easier shimming of both sides. I ordered a few of them. Will take a month for shipping, and I will report back once I try them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284574430025

Screenshot_20211230-015937_Chrome.jpg

What’s wrong with the EXB ones? Have you been having dramas with them??

Arrma makes diff cases that have an aluminum case with a steel back plate, but I'm not sure if they fit the 29mm diffs. I have one in the center diff of my Kraton 6s.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA220050
They won't. They have a 29mm diff case, but still on pre-order for release.
What’s wrong with the EXB ones? Have you been having dramas with them??
Same as the standard ones. After some use, the screws can loosen some and they will sling some diff fluid out. Seems to happen on the center diff to me. The heat generated from the diff after a hard run makes this happen I think.

Same as the standard ones. After some use, the screws can loosen some and they will sling some diff fluid out. Seems to happen on the center diff to me. The heat generated from the diff after a hard run makes this happen I think.
I found the ones that fit the 29mm diffs and edited my original post. They show as being available on the Arrma web site, and I was able to add one to a cart.

I found the ones that fit the 29mm diffs and edited my original post. They show as being available on the Arrma web site, and I was able to add one to a cart.
Well yeah, you can buy them...but it is a pre-order. Lol. I ordered a bunch at the beginning of the year... still waiting for them to ship.
Also...your link is for the 8s diff case.
Here is the correct one from Arrma...still not released yet

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/metal-diff-case-29mm/ARA311061.html

Last edited:

I have noticed these screws backing out a little and leaking fluid.
On the Kraton centre diff I put a dab of this on the screws. This stuff is lethal. Iv been using it to secure tyres to the rims and also the Max6 switches to the plastic. I had to remove one of the switches today and it was a nightmare. That switch was never coming off. It’s going to interesting getting that centre diff apart on the Kraton.
There’s a Loctite 425 solution for plastics that maybe a little more forgiving.

F7285410-95DC-46D9-9080-94906624E05E.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back