Kraton Vitavon 29mm diff case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
Still waiting on the arrma ones to ship...

So, found these new Vitavon cases. I bought two of them to try out for center diffs. Almost same as arrma. Aluminum (they also have silver available) with a removable steel end. The steel end does not use the arrma gasket, but the gear side does. Steel end has an o-ring seal. Went together easy, no play in the output shaft. Actually only fit the 2 shims behind the pin. Seems great quality with the fit and finish.

Will switch out with the center I have on the Kraton this weekend and report back.

20220111_142643.jpg
20220111_142731.jpg
20220111_142740.jpg
20220111_202956.jpg
20220111_205452.jpg
20220111_210227.jpg
20220111_211023.jpg
20220111_211025.jpg

Looks nice! Does there appear to be any more (or less) volume for diff fluid compared to the plastic housings?
I feel like there seems to be a little more. Inside the cup the ridges/corners I think take up a little less volume compared to the plastic cups. Makes sense as the plastic would need to be a bit thicker than the aluminum for strength.

I bit the bullet and bought them. I contacted them and they lowered the shipping. It was still $16.50 for 5 shims. How many packs of the LSD plates do I need for 1 diff to do this? Your saying 2 round plates per side?

I bit the bullet and bought them. I contacted them and they lowered the shipping. It was still $16.50 for 5 shims. How many packs of the LSD plates do I need for 1 diff to do this? Your saying 2 round plates per side?
One pack per diff. You need 4 total round plates per diff, but two are already in the diff. Each pack comes with two round plates.

Don't think I've ever seen a bad review on anything from vitavon.i have diff bulkhead from them,kept exploding the front of the stock ones..great product,craftsmanship
I’ve never experienced anything but positive experiences with anything Vitavon. I was on a Losi DBXL-E FB page yesterday and some bozo was saying what junk their chassis braces are. I’m not sure what criteria he uses before saying something like this, but I just couldn’t disagree more. They make, IMHO, about the best fitting and best machined parts I’ve ever found in the aftermarket.
I’m going to try out these 29mm cups the next time I service my Mojo.

I can also add my experience with Vitavon. They are awesome, I can tell you that contacting them on Facebook I was able to get that DHL express shipping so parts came in like 1 week. They will give that option if you spend enough $ from what I learned on ordered #2 which also got express shipping.

I can also add my experience with Vitavon. They are awesome, I can tell you that contacting them on Facebook I was able to get that DHL express shipping so parts came in like 1 week. They will give that option if you spend enough $ from what I learned on ordered #2 which also got express shipping.
Dang I don’t have Facebook. Did you order on eBay or from another site?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back