Kraton Vitavon Steering System Install on K8 EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djrahbee

Send-Flip-Break-Fix-Repeat 🤙🏼
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Outcast 8s
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Infraction 4x4
Just got the Vitavon steering system in the mail and installed on My 8s Kraton EXB. I emailed and asked for some kind of discount or coupon for getting 2 at once and they said not usually but they would toss in a bell crank so I got that installed as well. Shout out Vitavon customer service! I already have one on the 8s Outcast EXB and that one is next up for the steering system install. Everything seemed to fit except, the screw holes on the bottom of the esc didn't match up on the CF esc plate. No biggie, I used double sided alien tape and screws to attach. Threw in a $60 Hobbystar servo since the stock one crapped the bed last week. Will report back if any issues arise.

Pic's for those interested in look and fit:

IMG-4413.jpg

IMG-4414.jpg

IMG-4415.jpg

IMG-4416.jpg

IMG-4417.jpg

IMG-4418.jpg

IMG-4419.jpg

IMG-4420.jpg

IMG-4422.jpg

IMG-4424.jpg

IMG-4425.jpg

IMG-4427.jpg

IMG-4428.jpg

IMG-4429.jpg

IMG-4431.jpg

I'm a bit of a sucker for Vitavon bits.

If you haven't, I recommend removing all the metal to metal screws, cleaning the threads with alcohol and thread locking them. I've had quite a few parts with machining oil in the threads and no loctite. It's just bitten me as I didn't do it on my mini maxx knuckles and first run I've lost 2 kingpins so that's another 3 week wait...

I'm a bit of a sucker for Vitavon bits.

If you haven't, I recommend removing all the metal to metal screws, cleaning the threads with alcohol and thread locking them. I've had quite a few parts with machining oil in the threads and no loctite. It's just bitten me as I didn't do it on my mini maxx knuckles and first run I've lost 2 kingpins so that's another 3 week wait...
Yeh me too. Thanks for the tip. I use a lot more loctite than I thought I would when I got into this hobby. 😂 I ran the K8 yesterday and got a full session in with 8000mah batteries and everything seemed to work beautifully!!! So stoked to have this thing steering well! I wasn't sending off any huge jumps but I did rip around the yard, sliding and doing donuts...zero issues. I'm pretty happy so far. 😎🤟🏼🤙🏼💪🏼

Just got the Vitavon steering system in the mail and installed on My 8s Kraton EXB. I emailed and asked for some kind of discount or coupon for getting 2 at once and they said not usually but they would toss in a bell crank so I got that installed as well. Shout out Vitavon customer service! I already have one on the 8s Outcast EXB and that one is next up for the steering system install. Everything seemed to fit except, the screw holes on the bottom of the esc didn't match up on the CF esc plate. No biggie, I used double sided alien tape and screws to attach. Threw in a $60 Hobbystar servo since the stock one crapped the bed last week. Will report back if any issues arise.

Pic's for those interested in look and fit:

View attachment 300143

View attachment 300144

View attachment 300145

View attachment 300146

View attachment 300147

View attachment 300148

View attachment 300149

View attachment 300150

View attachment 300151

View attachment 300152

View attachment 300153

View attachment 300154

View attachment 300155

View attachment 300156

View attachment 300157
How was the install? I have a box full of red vitavon parts that I might find time to install this weekend. Gonna be tough for time so I was just wondering if it was easy or stab yourself with a fork fun.

OC8 EXB all done. 💪🏼 Included a lil video to show the action.
View attachment 300581

View attachment 300582
Video:
Where did you end up on servo saver spring tension? I had to tighten it up a fair amount to find balance between completely locked and too loose. My vitavon steering system was way too loose out of the box. Lemme know if you managed to find a way of adjusting tension while the 'saver is still installed.

Some pics from my thread:

20230205_172649.jpg

20230205_172607.jpg

20230205_172709.jpg

20230206_224738.jpg

20230410_165104.jpg

20230410_165037.jpg

20230410_191009.jpg

How was the install? I have a box full of red vitavon parts that I might find time to install this weekend. Gonna be tough for time so I was just wondering if it was easy or stab yourself with a fork fun.
Install was easy. I had to dremel a little plastic away from the gear cover so the esc plate would freely move up and down. No biggie.
Where did you end up on servo saver spring tension? I had to tighten it up a fair amount to find balance between completely locked and too loose. My vitavon steering system was way too loose out of the box. Lemme know if you managed to find a way of adjusting tension while the 'saver is still installed.
I set mine halfway-ish. I only have a couple runs in and haven't had to adjust anything yet but will update when the time comes. 👍🏼

I'm about to lose my mind,my Kraton isn't even built yet and I have a bent drive shaft wtf. Anyone else get this optional upgrade smh.

Damn that sucks. I have seen people bend them back with a vise and 3 large bolts. There are yt videos as well. Did you contact HH or wherever you got it? 🤞🏼

I'm still digesting LOL I'm probably going to take it to my local because it's still in its unfinished condition so there wouldn't be any way for me to break or bend anything because I haven't had the chance yet OMG my birthday is on the 19th too I was rushing to try and finish it before then I might just buy a new drive shaft and figure it out later

I'm still digesting LOL I'm probably going to take it to my local because it's still in its unfinished condition so there wouldn't be any way for me to break or bend anything because I haven't had the chance yet OMG my birthday is on the 19th too I was rushing to try and finish it before then I might just buy a new drive shaft and figure it out later
Like I said they can be bent back in some cases, but not until your warranty is addressed. If not then you can get some take offs from JRC and Ebay, I just bought a set of 4 from JRC for $60 iirc.

I'm about to lose my mind,my Kraton isn't even built yet and I have a bent drive shaft wtf. Anyone else get this optional upgrade smh.
Sorry to hear. One of the front axle drive shafts came slightly bent outta the box for me too. Yesterday I managed to shear off the pins on a M2C Overkill driveshaft (!) A bit disappointing given my boring driving style.

Link, if interested.

BTW, the upgrade shown in this thread has nothing to do with driveshafts 🙂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back