Limitless When will it end

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was some testing on different radios here: Radio Testing.

As for why it doesn't work as well in an open field. I am with the others that suggest interference. Are there any cell tower other antennas that might have transmitters nearby (or not so nearby if directional)? If they are transmitting in the 2.4 GHz range, it could effect it the radio range. The band used by the Flysky GT5 (and probably most radios) is used by multiple things https://fccid.io/frequency-explorer.php?lower=2408&upper=2475. This also includes WIFI. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...provides several,into a multitude of channels.

If you have bad range only in one location, it's that location i.e. interference from something.
If another person is standing in the same spot and doesn't have that issue that is either bad luck or something unique in your setup i.e. something noisy that is unique to your position with respect to your truck. (Assuming other person has the same radio type.

Antenna placement in the car itself, shielded by anything metal(Tape, battery) are easily overlooked. I would check receiver antenna for proper length and clear line of sightt. Last item on a long list would be a new transmitter.

Note that all TX are required to meet guidelines i.e. output is limited by law. You can 'bypass' that with an illegal transmitter. DumboRC is always a it suspicious to me but don't knock it if it works. Different protocols have different weaknesses i.e. your might work fine where a Futaba does not and vice versa.

If you have bad range only in one location, it's that location i.e. interference from something.
If another person is standing in the same spot and doesn't have that issue that is either bad luck or something unique in your setup i.e. something noisy that is unique to your position with respect to your truck. (Assuming other person has the same radio type.

Antenna placement in the car itself, shielded by anything metal(Tape, battery) are easily overlooked. I would check receiver antenna for proper length and clear line of sightt. Last item on a long list would be a new transmitter.

Note that all TX are required to meet guidelines i.e. output is limited by law. You can 'bypass' that with an illegal transmitter. DumboRC is always a it suspicious to me but don't knock it if it works. Different protocols have different weaknesses i.e. your might work fine where a Futaba does not and vice versa.

So let me get this straight, the range is affected by output and the output is because of a law and dumbo rc has transmitters that bypass that?

Dumbo uses a chip with dilithium crystals! ?

Hold up. Something else is wrong if a Tactic doesn’t give you at least 200ft of range. And nobody gets a mile of range. Not sure if you were exaggerating
That’s what I was thinking. Same thing with the traxxas. Usually they’re both 300ft. Not sure on the dx2e though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back