Kraton Steering is weak near end of pack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimGoheen

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So, I put the powerhobby 579 mg in my kraton 6s because of this issue. The steering is very weak near the end of a run. Now I pulled out the servo saver but that seems really stiff. I have a hard time believing that is my problem. Anyone else have any answers?

So, I put the powerhobby 579 mg in my kraton 6s because of this issue. The steering is very weak near the end of a run. Now I pulled out the servo saver but that seems really stiff. I have a hard time believing that is my problem. Anyone else have any answers?
Is this the Orange Spektrum 150 amp ESC? They have pretty bad BECs. I bet at the end of the run it's hot and can't put out full power. Max8 or Max6 from Hobbywing have stronger BECs, or you could install an external BEC or run a receiver pack to have full servo power all the time.

Is this the Orange Spektrum 150 amp ESC? They have pretty bad BECs. I bet at the end of the run it's hot and can't put out full power. Max8 or Max6 from Hobbywing have stronger BECs, or you could install an external BEC or run a receiver pack to have full servo power all the time.
I was thinking bec issue as well.

I was thinking bec issue as well.
Yeah I've had a lot of trouble with the BEC on the orange 150 amp spektrums, I assume the new black one is better. I mean it has to be better than the old one. There was a point I was running receiver packs on all of my 6s arrmas because of it. The steering has been a challenge to get right with those but it's all good to go now.

Picked it up on the way home from work

20240227_175630.jpg

Huh, that's weird. Did that come as a combo package? I thought all the new G2 ESCs were bundled with the new G2 sensored motor.
Yeah mine did. Picked up a HW Max6 G2 4990 1650 sensored combo off of Amain just a month ago.

20240227_210118.jpg

Either way that Kraton is going to shred now. Diffs. Lots of diffs. Make sure you shim them well and consider the new outdrives...
😅 😅 😅

Picked it up on the way home from work

View attachment 351319

Send the RCScrewz back. SS is not a good idea on a basher. Stock 12.9 > 10.9 > stainless steel when it comes to strength on the screws, ie the stainless steel screws will bend easier, break easier and strip out easier than the stock 12.9 grade screws.

Grade 12.9 Hex Bolts are high strength bolts with 1100MPa minimum yield strength and 1220MPa minimum tensile strength.
The vast majority of stainless steel fasteners available are produced to ISO 3506 Class 70 (this designates a minimum tensile strength of 700 MPa) and are marked as such. If there is no marking it should be assumed the product is Class 50 (minimum tensile strength of 500 MPa).

Back