Kraton Which gearbox bulkhead for an exb that gets regularly bashed ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatMarcus172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Talion EXB
  3. Vorteks
Hi Experts

Several of my friends have Kraton Exbs (and I have a Talion exb). With hard sending and racing, everyone seems to suffer with broken rear diff issues, irrespective of how well shimmed they are. Ive read a number of solutions that include replacing the rear open diff with another LSD diff but the one constant seems to be a recommendation to switch to the Arrma alu diff case AND/OR replacing the bulkhead with something stiffer. So far Ive seen cheap bulkheads on Ali express, medium priced ones from Powerhobby and GPM, expensive ones from Vitavon and really expensive ones (in the UK) from Hot Racing (three seperate parts?) .....but with the exception of the Hot Racing ones which seem pretty widely liked Ive not read many user reviews from people with EXBs. Some people are positive about the GPMs and others not. Some people are very complimentary about Vitavon and others say the bulkheads don't work with the EXB diffs.
What do you reccomend ?

Last edited:
I have some cheap ones from aliexpress and they work great for me. I've never had rear diff problems though tbh. You might be landing on throttle.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256803346440266.html?spm=a2g0o.new_account_index.0.0.9bae25b93IvROd

image007.jpg

Red ones installed here. I think the aliexpress one is the same as hot racing tbh

Hi Experts

Several of my friends have Kraton Exbs (and I have a Talion exb). With hard sending and racing, everyone seems to suffer with broken rear diff issues, irrespective of how well shimmed they are. Ive read a number of solutions that include replacing the rear open diff with another LSD diff but the one constant seems to be a recommendation to switch to the Arrma alu diff case AND/OR replacing the bulkhead with something stiffer. So far Ive seen cheap bulkheads on Ali express, medium priced ones from Powerhobby and GPM, expensive ones from Vitavon and really expensive ones (in the UK) from Hot Racing (three seperate parts?) .....but with the exception of the Hot Racing ones which seem pretty widely liked Ive not read many user reviews from people with EXBs. Some people are positive about the GPMs and others not. Some people are very complimentary about Vitavon and others say the bulkheads don't work with the EXB diffs.
What do you reccomend ?
I use the Hot Racing ones on 7 of my 6s rigs and they work great. They are expensive but they really pay for themselves since a crown and input gear cost $40 to replace

Hi Experts

What do you reccomend ?
the stock plastic one don't have any problems with them

it is nice not worrying about stripping screws or cracking the case though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back