Typhon Which is better for the track?Typhon 3s or Typhon TLR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
I asked this question between the regular Typhon 6s and the 3s on YT channel "Fivo Nine" and he said he liked the 3s better for the 1/8 track. I bought a 3s and the handling, suspension, and overall performance really impressed me. Would the TLR Typhon be as good or better than the 3s at the track?
Anyone have experience with both?

The 3s 4x4 version Typhon is NOT a Track spec 1/8 Buggy platform at all. It is a basher rig. Designed that way from the ground up.
The 1/8 Typhon, 6s Standard or TLRT are based on a 1/8 Track Buggy platform and meets Sanctioned track Racing specs , right down to the wing size and dimensions. (TLRT version). The TLRT and standard 6s Typhon will run great with 4s packs on most any track. TLRT has more adjustability found on Race level high end Buggies. 4s is the rule and Limit for running any 1/8 Buggy class event. And running 3s packs won't even qualify. (n)
If you just want to play around on a track during open practice time and NOT race at all, you could run basically whatever you want. As long as the Track directer allows it. Most tracks for instance will never allow 6s lipos. For safety reasons. Would be too fast for a confined track anyway... And some tracks only allow smaller 1/10 scale platforms. Check with your local track. See what they say.
Not sure how serious you are about racing. The 3s Typhon is not for that. You can't compare the 3s 4x4 Typhon to the 6s variants.
Don't let the similar 1/8 looks/body and size of both fool you. Under the hood, they are completely different animals, quality/precision wise.
The TLRT Typhon will always be the Better one at the Track. The standard 6s Typhon is best for bashing.
I have the original Roller TLRT. 4s/HW sensored electrics. Extremely well balanced, out the box.

If you want to make/design your own track, you can run whatever you want obviously. I'm sure the 3s Typhon would be RC fun just the same.

Last edited:
1/8 outdoor track? I would take the TLR buggy 100x over the 3S. That said, I've never driven either :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The 3s 4x4 version Typhon is NOT a Track spec 1/8 Buggy platform at all. It is a basher rig. Designed that way from the ground up.
The 1/8 Typhon, 6s Standard or TLRT are based on a 1/8 Track Buggy platform and meets Sanctioned track Racing specs , right down to the wing size and dimensions. (TLRT version). The TLRT and standard 6s Typhon will run great with 4s packs on most any track. TLRT has more adjustability found on Race level high end Buggies. 4s is the rule and Limit for running any 1/8 Buggy class event. And running 3s packs won't even qualify. (n)
If you just want to play around on a track during open practice time and NOT race at all, you could run basically whatever you want. As long as the Track directer allows it. Most tracks for instance will never allow 6s lipos. For safety reasons. Would be too fast for a confined track anyway... And some tracks only allow smaller 1/10 scale platforms. Check with your local track. See what they say.
Not sure how serious you are about racing. The 3s Typhon is not for that. You can't compare the 3s 4x4 Typhon to the 6s variants.
Don't let the similar 1/8 looks/body and size of both fool you. Under the hood, they are completely different animals, quality/precision wise.
The TLRT Typhon will always be the Better one at the Track. The standard 6s Typhon is best for bashing.
I have the original Roller TLRT. 4s/HW sensored electrics. Extremely well balanced, out the box.

If you want to make/design your own track, you can run whatever you want obviously. I'm sure the 3s Typhon would be RC fun just the same.
Thanks for the detailed response! Gives me a lot to think about.

1/8 outdoor track? I would take the TLR buggy 100x over the 3S. That said, I've never driven either :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

1/8 outdoor track? I would take the TLR buggy 100x over the 3S. That said, I've never driven either :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for commenting! Your YT channel is one of my favorites! Your 3s Arrma videos on mods and maintenance have been a great resource to me.
The 3s surprised me at the track. The stock suspension is smooth and and it handles pretty good with no center diff. Being so lightweight, it can come out of a turn, blip the throttle, and clear a triple with ease.

Thanks for the detailed response! Gives me a lot to think about.
When researching what you want, its a great idea to understand what's under the hood of these RC's, i.e. alloy chassis vs Plastic, etc. What you are paying for is a reflection of this. Many lower priced platforms , much like the 4x4 line of Arrma's that appear to be the same as the 6s line in external appearance only. They meet a lower pricepoint for many and serve well enough, how they are marketted, but never equate to the 6s line of Arrma's. The successful and mature 6s line platform of Arrma's came before the 4x4 line.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back