Big Rock Which tools for Granite BLX or Big Rock V3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoodies&Hondas

Reaction score
I still haven’t settled on which one I’m going to get, but what sizes of hex and nut drivers should I pick up in the mean time, assuming they use the same sizes between vehicles?

And any particular brand I should pick up?

I use these for my 3s typhon. Yet to have one strip out but they do have replaceable tips if they do.
1700756475926.png

2.0mm and 2.5mm hex wrench. MIPs are good but the 2mm unit isn’t long enough to tighten the screw found at the base of some axle outdrives tubes.

5.5 socket driver for the wheels (not a must-have, but a nice-to-have).

Simple Green concentrated cleaner. That, or Castrol Super Clean.

Last edited:
In addition to the hand drivers, do yourself a favor and get a cordless/rechargeable driver as well.
Yes, but one has to learn how to handle the trigger as going to fast might damage the plastic threads due to excessive heat.
Yes, but one has to learn how to handle the trigger as going to fast might damage the plastic threads due to excessive heat.
… or strip the plastic threads by tightening too much. Always finish of with a manual driver…. or get a unit with an adjustable clutch.

Honestly the 2 rigs mentioned are very easy to work on. No need for power driver imo. Super simplistic coming from 1/5 scale gas.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back