Big Rock How do I widen Big Rock V3 3S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flystr8

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Just started driving my new Big Rock V3 3S and I LOVE IT! Left rear wheel came off on first battery run but I've heard of this. Kinda annoying but whatever. It does seem to wanna roll over quite often so I wanna widen the stance. Does anyone have a parts list of what I need or any recommendations to do this? Really appreciate any help or advise. Just getting back into this game after about 35 years. I used to have Tamiya build-cars, a Grasshopper, a Fox, a Monster Beetle and a Blackfoot truck. LOVED EM but they were NO WHERE CLOSE to what's out today!!
Again, appreciate any advise!!🤙🏼🔥

Add 4s arms, hubs, links, tires and you get this. By that point though you might as well just buy a 4s car. Unless you already have tons of parts and really enjoy working on the things like I do.
Traction rolling, however, is more of a driving technique issue. You’ll still roll a wider car until you learn how to drive. Setting up the suspension properly is also necessary and then practice practice practice.

IMG_6632.jpeg

I wanna widen the stance. Does anyone have a parts list of what I need or any recommendations to do this?
The simple and easy way to do this is with 14mm hex extenders from eBay or other places. They will widen the stance at a low cost and help keep you from tumbling. What I posted below is probably too much extension at 25mm per tire, it just was the first example I found.

Screenshot 2024-02-11 at 2.26.02 PM.png

eBay Hex Extenders

The simple and easy way to do this is with 14mm hex extenders from eBay or other places. They will widen the stance at a low cost and help keep you from tumbling. What I posted below is probably too much extension at 25mm per tire, it just was the first example I found.

View attachment 347986

eBay Hex Extenders
Thanks for this I highly appreciate it.🤙🏼

Add 4s arms, hubs, links, tires and you get this. By that point though you might as well just buy a 4s car. Unless you already have tons of parts and really enjoy working on the things like I do.
Traction rolling, however, is more of a driving technique issue. You’ll still roll a wider car until you learn how to drive. Setting up the suspension properly is also necessary and then practice practice practice.

View attachment 347965
Man that thing is sick. How's the handling? Stays planted when turning at high speeds?

Just started driving my new Big Rock V3 3S and I LOVE IT! Left rear wheel came off on first battery run but I've heard of this. Kinda annoying but whatever. It does seem to wanna roll over quite often so I wanna widen the stance. Does anyone have a parts list of what I need or any recommendations to do this? Really appreciate any help or advise. Just getting back into this game after about 35 years. I used to have Tamiya build-cars, a Grasshopper, a Fox, a Monster Beetle and a Blackfoot truck. LOVED EM but they were NO WHERE CLOSE to what's out today!!
Again, appreciate any advise!!🤙🏼🔥

Hello and Welcome!

I like a broader stance on my rigs. My BR I added the M2C hex extension for the 3S line. I was also interested having 17mm hex for my tires.

1707698091402.png

1707698115831.png

What @Velodromed said is spot on.

Fair warning on hex extension's.... the more extension you add, the more bearings your going to be eating up. It multiplies the forces greatly being put on your hub bearings.
Also. It has ill effects on your steering as well.. the wider a wheel is from the knuckle that is turning it the more your screwing with the geometry.

Small extensions are one thing. Large are another. Just to clarify.

I also recommend working on setup and driving skill first. If you still have issues I'd go wide armed not hub extension.

Back