Infraction Why are horizon hobby such a##holes to the uk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revomikey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
They have some great deals on for the US but nothing for the UK.

The vendettas are under 200 dollars over there but full price over here.

The lost mx is about £200 more expensive in the uk as well.

They are d1cks to the UK, what's up with that?

Cemt get it to canada either. I have to get it from amainhobbies at 50$ shipping
AAA920DB-D5F5-4D6D-A05D-00B953C79C3F.png
8152DDBD-E339-4D2B-B211-FF747794E4A0.png

The losi mx is $549 in the states, that's about £427 in the uk , on modelsport uk it's £629.00 talk about ripping us off.

The losi mx is $549 in the states, that's about £427 in the uk , on modelsport uk it's £629.00 talk about ripping us off.
Rcs are generally more expensive in the europe. Ask europe why that is. I know a french youtuber explaininG why its so expensive. They have like 10 taxes

All model shops in the UK have no say when it comes down to the price set by the manufacturer. yes, it sucks most of the time it's cheaper to import from the USA & pay the import duty than buy in my home country. go figure

All model shops in the UK have no say when it comes down to the price set by the manufacturer. yes, it sucks most of the time it's cheaper to import from the USA & pay the import duty than buy in my home country. go figure
That is nuts. I feel bad for you guys. :cry:

That is nuts. I feel bad for you guys. :cry:
XLX2 is cheaper to import. 1717 cheaper to import. TP power motors or anything Hot Racing are all cheaper to import. yes, I can get them from Alli Express or Bangood but you don't know if its a clone takes weeks to arrive & returns are a PITA.

XLX2 is cheaper to import. 1717 cheaper to import. TP power motors or anything Hot Racing are all cheaper to import. yes, I can get them from Alli Express or Bangood but you don't know if its a clone takes weeks to arrive & returns are a PITA.
For what it's worth, https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1101939003? is a legit TP dealer. They got me my custom sensored motor in under 3 weeks. Most of that was them making the motor. It took 3 days to ship to me with DHL express. I heard from china to you guys is even better than us. :eek:

Horizon is the manufacturer, but each country has its own distributor who sets the price in that country. That’s how retail works.

For instance, Logic RC is the distributor for Horizon products in the UK.

https://www.logicrc.com/default.aspx?s=c:0,c:ZZ-Support

Australia has its own distributor, etc.

Eurorc.com sometimes has blowouts on European brands because they can get pricing on some cars (HPI, etc) that US distributors (HRP) can’t get. “Rc5” gets you 5% off btw…. 😀

Horizon is the manufacturer, but each country has its own distributor who sets the price in that country. That’s how retail works.

Eurorc.com sometimes has blowouts on European brands because they can get pricing on some cars (HPI, etc) that US distributors (HRP) can’t get. “Rc5” gets you 5% off btw…. 😀
Yes as you might know the Losi Pro Moto was a joke of a price on the release date overhear after some pushback by the EU / UK guy the price was dropped but still not the deal you guys get.
For what it's worth, https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1101939003? is a legit TP dealer. They got me my custom sensored motor in under 3 weeks. Most of that was them making the motor. It took 3 days to ship to me with DHL express. I heard from china to you guys is even better than us. :eek:
Have had some items arrive in 10 days with standard shipping & some in 6 weeks. My Vipaz tires from West Oz RC got to me in 7 days ordered some HPI wheels from a UK shop 3 weeks ago still not hear. but the guy is cool his order didn't arrive from Denmark & he is doing everything he can to help me out

Used to use Eurorc all the time but due to Brexit shipping to the UK has increased to the point it's too expensive. This is not a Eurorc problem but the shipping companies greed

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back