WIll i know when the batteries need recharging?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrmapdx

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hello all!

New to these cars, but learning fast!

I have a new-to-me Nero arriving soon, looking forward to learning with it (my first rc car), just need to know...will the car let me know when the LiPos are getting low and need to be charged? If it does, what will i notice when the car lets me know they need recharging?

You'll know because the car will slow down drastically, then stop moving entirely due to low voltage protection in the ESC. You'll be able to steer right and left but the throttle won't work. Don't be alarmed if this happens. :)

There should be instructions in the manual that show you how to make sure LVC (low voltage control) is enabled on the ESC. Something you'll want to be sure of if you're using lipos.

The other thing you'll want to do is your charger should have a 'storage charge" feature on it. You'll want to do this after you're done for the day with the truck or if they are fully charged and you won't be using it for a day or two as well. Will help prolong their lifespan and avoid any issues in the future. :)

Be careful to never go beyond the lvc. Some people turn off the esc and turn it on again to keep going. If you drain your lipo too low, you can damage the cels and ruin your battery. First sign that it's slowing down, turn it off and recharge.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back