Talion Will this fit my Talion EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eizrah

Reaction score
Hi guys, Sorry if this topic is up here. Just wanna make sure i got the correct sets. Does the kraton 6S V5 complete driveshaft, axles and dogbones from JRC fit my Talion exb. Hopefully in time for BLACKFRIDAY discount at JRC. TIA

Screenshot_20231126_102326_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231126_102336_Chrome.jpg

I think the hubs are shorter on the Talion, if so those will not fit. You can check the exploded diagrams to be sure.

Only the front cv shafts and rear dig bones. Stub axles and center driveshafts are different.
Rear dog bones will fit.
Front CVD drive shafts will fit.
Center drive shafts will fit. (The front center will fit as the rear center on the Talion. The rear center will fit as the front center on the Talion)
The axles will not fit due to the Talion hubs being smaller.

I suggest purchasing the Kraton 6S front and rear hubs so the axles won't go to waste. The hubs are a lot beefier and stronger. Plus it will widen the stance a little. I did the same thing to my Talion.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys. What other options either then stock? Currently i have the aluminium hubs on my talion exb. GPM?

Rear dog bones will fit.
Front CVD drive shafts will fit.
Center drive shafts will fit. (The front center will fit as the rear center on the Talion. The rear center will fit as the front center on the Talion)
The axles will not fit due to the Talion hubs being smaller.

I suggest purchasing the Kraton 6S front and rear hubs so the axles won't go to waste. The hubs are a lot beefier and stronger. Plus it will widen the stance a little. I did the same thing to my Talion.

Oh yeah, I was thinking of the Mojave/Fireteam on the centers.
Thanks for the replies guys. What other options either then stock? Currently i have the aluminium hubs on my talion exb. GPM?
I have a set of GPM on my Outcast the cv shafts have been great but the stub axles were a bit disappointing, one was a super tight fit to get the hex pin in and I bent the other one, yes I bent the stub axle not the cv shaft. I've had them for a few years now and they have lasted longer than the stock ones, I have one that has a slight bend to it though.

the stock are extremely durable IMHO, i wouldnt trade them for aluminium.

As for moving to the wider Kraton hubs so you'de use the axles, i would only do it if you plan using wider tires. the shorter hubs will handle better with skinnier (truggy) tires. and the Kraton ones will handle better with wider tires.

the stock are extremely durable IMHO, i wouldnt trade them for aluminium.
Stock inner hub bearings are a top failure mode, rule one of owning a 6S to upgrade the inner bearing diameter with aluminum hubs. Plus the pillow balls will pull out of composite easily. If you’re putzing around on stock gearing, sure they’ll last a bit like anything RTR.

Thanks for all the info guys. From what i see going with Fireteam 6S BLX drive shaft kit from Jennysrc is the way to go.
Screenshot_20231214_182535_Chrome.jpg

The only thing that won't fit is the front longer center drive shaft. Fireteam uses the Extra Long Wheel Base (XLWB).
What he said ^ sorry I'm a bit out of it lately.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back