Talion PSA - Hot Racing battery tray WILL NOT fit Talion EXB chassis without modifying chassis.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketzx1

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Nero
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Infraction 4x4
Just as title states, this is to let you all kno that you will have to mod your stock EXB chassis to use the Hot Racing battery tray AON126X01.

Lists the Talion as compatible, but only lists 2 chassis’s as compatible; AR320570 and AR320188.

I should have paid better attention to the compatible chassis’s, but I assumed it would work with my EXB chassis. Sad thing is if you look under Talion EXB specifically on Hot Racing website, the battery tray is listed as compatible. While I could modify my chassis, I shouldn’t have to do so for a part that is supposed to be fully compatible.

60 dollar mistake 😕

Just as title states, this is to let you all kno that you will have to mod your stock EXB chassis to use the Hot Racing battery tray AON126X01.

Lists the Talion as compatible, but only lists 2 chassis’s as compatible; AR320570 and AR320188.

I should have paid better attention to the compatible chassis’s, but I assumed it would work with my EXB chassis. Sad thing is if you look under Talion EXB specifically on Hot Racing website, the battery tray is listed as compatible. While I could modify my chassis, I shouldn’t have to do so for a part that is supposed to be fully compatible.

60 dollar mistake 😕

Any photos of the deviance?
How far are they off?

Any photos of the deviance?
How far are they off?

Here you go. First pic is the rear, lines up fine. Second pic is the front, it’s off quite a bit. I drew in different colors to show what holes go where on the chassis.

6FFB4D49-D085-4D69-8871-E8E3F4831CC7.jpeg

F9290269-AFE0-4962-94B8-8D342D58A779.jpeg

Here you go. First pic is the rear, lines up fine. Second pic is the front, it’s off quite a bit. I drew in different colors to show what holes go where on the chassis.

View attachment 319869

View attachment 319870

Gotcha..

Okay.
To salvage this situation.. You just need an "adapter plate" to take up the variance..

It'll raise the battery tray a bit but I'm sure you could live with that...

You'll need a matching rear plate to take up the additional spacing.

And, you'll need to source some longer screws to properly secure the tray with the "new adapters". (At least in the rear ,if I'm visualizing it correctly in my mind...)

Yeah, an adapter plate of some sort would work. I can probably make one with the sheet of lexan I have. Doesn’t have to be pretty, just functional 😅

Yeah, an adapter plate of some sort would work. I can probably make one with the sheet of lexan I have. Doesn’t have to be pretty, just functional 😅

You may/will need to use some M3 inserts into the "piece" to securely mount that to the chassis..

Something is not right here. The holes for the battery trays are in the same spot V3-current and the current chassis has provisions for the old V1 battery trays.

-edit- Arrma appears to have removed the extra holes on the EXB and V5 chassis to accommodate the V1 battery tray. The Hot Racing battery tray does not fit on my stock Fireteam chassis and I am just going to assume it won't fit on my Kraton EXB chassis either. The Hot Racing battery tray was designed to fit the V1 chassis. Looks like they are going to have to redesign it.

Last edited:
According to Hot Racing it's a replacement for a 320351 battery box, that's what comes on an EXB? I would recommend contacting Hot Racing and seeing what they have to say.

According to Hot Racing it's a replacement for a 320351 battery box, that's what comes on an EXB? I would recommend contacting Hot Racing and seeing what they have to say.
Technically it is, that is still the same part number that they have been using for the battery tray since V3/2017.

The front wont fit even if you use the rearwards holes on the rear?
View attachment 319906

It appears that way..
So that's why I'm proposing a custom adapter to make it where you can still use this mismatched battery tray..

Is Talion SWB? Even of its LWB the holes should still line up. I have that HR battery mount on my SWB EXB chassis and it required zero mods to fit it.
The CF you see has nothing to do with fitment. It was added by bolting to the HR pieces to allow side by side battery mounting for a lower center of gravity.
20230831_045515.jpg
20230831_045639.jpg
20230831_045654.jpg

20230831_045618.jpg

View attachment 319869

View attachment 319870
This is right except blue and red are the other way around. Two are screwed and two are alignment pegs.
20230831_050715.jpg

Last edited:
Is Talion SWB? Even of its LWB the holes should still line up. I have that HR battery mount on my SWB EXB chassis and it required zero mods to fit it.
The CF you see has nothing to do with fitment. It was added by bolting to the HR pieces to allow side by side battery mounting for a lower center of gravity.View attachment 319907View attachment 319909View attachment 319908

View attachment 319910

This is right except blue and red are the other way around. Two are screwed and two are alignment pegs.View attachment 319912

Yes I kno 2 are alignment pegs, and 2 are for securing to the chassis. It’s physically too long, the mounting holes on the chassis are shorter than what HR has provided with their mounting bracket.

I even took the side guard off the chassis to fiddle with it, and the front holes do not line up.

So I will either bench it for now, and try another battery tray, or make up a sort of mounting adapter to make it work. I haven’t decided yet.

Yes I kno 2 are alignment pegs, and 2 are for securing to the chassis. It’s physically too long, the mounting holes on the chassis are shorter than what HR has provided with their mounting bracket.

I even took the side guard off the chassis to fiddle with it, and the front holes do not line up.

So I will either bench it for now, and try another battery tray, or make up a sort of mounting adapter to make it work. I haven’t decided yet.

Idk near as I can tell it might not fight.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back