Wing options.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greengaunja

Ise da by' dat burns da Senton........
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Senton 3s
Sometime this week, I'm grabbing another Protoform Corvette C7 SWB body. And have a highly recommended airbrusher willing to put to body what I envision. For a fee of course. So the new body may become a shelf/show body while I do runs with one. Choose to use this one again because I already have one and it's helpful when doing a custom build knowing what room you have and what space to fill in. Also I did get decent results with it. But it has one drawback. It's wing SUCKS. It might work, I won't claim to know the engineering behind it. But what I can say for sure is it creates drag and adds to the instability. You can actually see it flutter about and shake up the body when it climbs north of 70-80 mph(or thereabouts). When this build is done, I try runs without the wing just to see if it's needed. I think it is as downforce on the rear, and a little thing I'm doing to create some frontal downforce can't hurt and will help keep it planted. I've looked at various wings from Arrma, Traxxas and HPI and they all really are not scale or just look wrong with the body. Does anyone know of any aftermarket makers or options for wings? The wing will be mounted to the body, needs to be solid enough to hold its shape and create downforce and I will likely make my own 3 way adjustable mounts like I did for my TT02.
16806574697886948824372988079147.jpg

Do you think a wing is even necessary? Maybe try it without one and see how it does? That does look like a whole lot of wing tough.
I think DeltaPlastiks has a couple flavors of wings.

Do you think a wing is even necessary? Maybe try it without one and see how it does? That does look like a whole lot of wing tough.
I think DeltaPlastiks has a couple flavors of wings.
Good question. I want to sat yes it is. What I do know for sure is my rig is heavier than most speed runners. So then again, maybe it isn't. I'm just obsessing as Im very close to wrapping this up and have done something I believe to be unique. I may do a custom CF wing for the "show body" but that isn't really feasible for the "run body". Simply because I know I'm going crash this a few times and may need several. Now it's easier buy than bond CF plate together and have at it with a belt sander. The plastic one on the TT02 would be the idea shape for the Corvette. If only I could find out who made it. Going to check out Delta now

The first one is interesting. Going to check it out more. The other look as if they will have the same problem with the polycarbonate being thin

Update: too picky and couldn't find one with enough moxie so I made my own. Loosely based on NRG's CF wings.
20230509_213609.jpg
20230509_213605.jpg
20230509_213549.jpg
20230509_213540.jpg
If this functions, I just might make a second one for my speedrun body. For now it's cosmetic and meant for my shelf body

20230509_213525.jpg

Here's roughly what it will look like mounted, just raised a half inch higher. I also made some adjustable CF mounts but leaving in vise overnight for epoxy to cure. The mount will level the wings side, making the lower deck sloped too.
20230509_230229.jpg
20230509_230301.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back