Infraction 6s rear wing paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

332_RC

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Infraction 4x4
I purchased a spare rear clear wing for my new Infraction 6s. I want to trim it down, more into a drag shape, low profile, following the provided lines on it. I noticed it has masking already on the outside of the side plates only. Anyone painted one & does it really matter which side to paint it on? I'll paint it gloss black. Suggestions?

I started trimming it. I was wrong. The film mask completely covers the entire underside of the wing.

That's weird that the protective covering is on the underside. That's the side I'd want to paint. I don't paint my bodies from the outside (well...not usually, I did paint my Infraction body from the outside with granite textured paint once though) so why would I want to paint the wing from the side that I look at? Personally, I'd peel that off and paint it from the underside but that's just me. You do as you see fit.

That's weird that the protective covering is on the underside. That's the side I'd want to paint. I don't paint my bodies from the outside (well...not usually, I did paint my Infraction body from the outside with granite textured paint once though) so why would I want to paint the wing from the side that I look at? Personally, I'd peel that off and paint it from the underside but that's just me. You do as you see fit.
I did peel it off. After I started trimming it, the film layer edged up & I peeled it off. I think I'll mask off the top & paint underneath it, the bottom side.

I've painted the underside, didn't have film on it but that was a while back.
Doesn't really matter imho. Do teh side that doesn't have the protective film is a good suggestion 😇
Or I may paint both top & bottom, different colors. I'll finish the trimming this afternoon & post a pic before I paint it. It was a Arrma new part. p/n ARA480024

Last edited:
Got it trimmed out. Added some holes.

20240303_065131.jpg

20240303_065055.jpg

20240303_064953.jpg

Coated with liquid mask on the inside. Gonna paint the bottom & sides different colors.

20240330_183032.jpg

20240330_152336.jpg

Last edited:
Back