Typhon “lil Reds” 3s to 4s Build...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KvnDuane

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
  1. First thing I did was lose that lousy factory controller went with the dumborc 6channel with gyro..boy talk about difference in night and day
  2. RPM Front and Rear Arms
  3. ProTek RC Servo
  4. HD 57T slipper /20t pinion
  5. Replaced all bearings
  6. upgraded the shocks
  7. proline wheels and a set of outcast Hoons since they look so much nicer than factory.
  8. Quicrun 08 WP8BL150 esc
  9. Motor 2400kv (540XL) currently running 20t..perhaps go up a few teeth once I try 4s haven't tried 4s yet still looking into 4s Batteries cost
    11.T-Bone Bumpers Front & Rear installed..
    12: Hot Racing Bell Crank installed..less slop great!
    13.??????

image.jpg

Stuffed1.jpg

Last edited:
  1. First thing I did was lose that lousy factory controller went with the dumborc 6channel with gyro..boy talk about difference in night and day
  2. HD 57T slipper /20t pinion
  3. Replaced all bearings
  4. upgraded the shocks
  5. proline wheels and a set of outcast Hoons since they look so much nicer than factory.
  6. Quicrun 08 WP8BL150 esc
  7. Motor undecided..headache 🤕
Sounds good so far. :D

I will add to this list as I remember upgrades.

CVD Driveshafts
RPM Front a-arms
RPM Rear a-arms
Faster and stronger servo
25T servo saver for the servo
Better Cooling Fan

You could get a 6s motor from Jenny's. They are only a few bucks more than the 3s motors.

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, let us know. :)

Sounds good so far. :D

I will add to this list as I remember upgrades.

CVD Driveshafts
RPM Front a-arms
RPM Rear a-arms
Faster and stronger servo
25T servo saver for the servo
Better Cooling Fan

You could get a 6s motor from Jenny's. They are only a few bucks more than the 3s motors.

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, let us know. :)
There in lays the headache..ok so the motor went out stock..so I went to hobby shop I rather not name and the sold me a spectrum 85 Combo however it’s puny and not what I thought I needed ..so then I got the 150esc so I could run 4s if wanted manly 3s but 4 if I can just to say I did it.. i manly run on street and light yard bash..so I then came across a blx 2050 I figured that was to large for 3/4s use so came up with the idea of perhaps trying the 540Xl..yeah it’s..traxxas but seemed like a great at the time so once it arrived well let’s just say what was I thinking seems I may just go back with stock motor run the esc and 4s when I like and call it a day..figuring out motor has me light headed.
Awesome mods and thank you for your service.

There in lays the headache..ok so the motor went out stock..so I went to hobby shop I rather not name and the sold me a spectrum 85 Combo however it’s puny and not what I thought I needed ..so then I got the 150esc so I could run 4s if wanted manly 3s but 4 if I can just to say I did it.. i manly run on street and light yard bash..so I then came across a blx 2050 I figured that was to large for 3/4s use so came up with the idea of perhaps trying the 540Xl..yeah it’s..traxxas but seemed like a great at the time so once it arrived well let’s just say what was I thinking seems I may just go back with stock motor run the esc and 4s when I like and call it a day..figuring out motor has me light headed.
I have a 150amp esc on my Typhon mega and I run 6s. I also have a 2650kv motor that I run 6s on. Just got to 68mph today with it. Waiting on a 26T pinion to gear it up and hopefully get it to 80mph?!?

I have a 150amp esc on my Typhon mega and I run 6s. I also have a 2650kv motor that I run 6s on. Just got to 68mph today with it. Waiting on a 26T pinion to gear it up and hopefully get it to 80mph?
Nice run....what’s a good size motor for 3s/4s when paired with 150apm esc

Nice run....what’s a good size motor for 3s/4s when paired with 150apm esc
I'm running the 2400kv blx from the 4s line right now with my blx185, but I have a 2600kv hw that I might try if the 2400 doesn't get me the speed I want. I can also sacrifice the 3200kv from my senton if need be...

Just got 69mph, waiting for pics to upload. I'd say a 2400kv 4 pole motor. I'm not an expert though. Or a 2050kv motor if you ever want to run 6s. They are about the same price from Jenny's RC.
I actually have a max motor 540xl and a Typhon 6 blx if esc was paired with a 4400kv would that run on 3/4s
I'm running the 2400kv blx from the 4s line right now with my blx185, but I have a 2600kv hw that I might try if the 2400 doesn't get me the speed I want. I can also sacrifice the 3200kv from my senton if need be...

for now I’m wanting a solid motor for 3/4s...
My 2400kv has been sweet for our little informal street races- definitely outperforms my driving ability! It lacks a little on the top end on 3s/4s for speed running, but with the pinion I'm running (14t or 15t if I remember) low and midrange torque are easily modulated and the drift is surprisingly stable with hoons. I can almost keep up to a 6s typhon through a twisty road course. I've also been running an outcast body on it (top heavy). I just switched up to a spare typhon body and added a front splitter, so I suspect it'll stick better in corners now. We'll see.
20210501_224110.jpg

It's going through a speed phase next, so I'll play around with gearing and kv until I hit 100mph. I should have some decent feedback on how everything works on 3s, 4s, and 6s soon enough

My 2400kv has been sweet for our little informal street races- definitely outperforms my driving ability! It lacks a little on the top end on 3s/4s for speed running, but with the pinion I'm running (14t or 15t if I remember) low and midrange torque are easily modulated and the drift is surprisingly stable with hoons. I can almost keep up to a 6s typhon through a twisty road course. I've also been running an outcast body on it (top heavy). I just switched up to a spare typhon body and added a front splitter, so I suspect it'll stick better in corners now. We'll see. View attachment 143905
It's going through a speed phase next, so I'll play around with gearing and kv until I hit 100mph. I should have some decent feedback on how everything works on 3s, 4s, and 6s soon enough
Where did you get the splitter? I need one...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back