"Junkyard" Senton 6s Build. One week from trash to bash.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saladshooter

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Senton 6s
Last Saturday I purchased a Senton 6S on Marketplace for $100. It was in rough shape with no electronics other than the stock servo and a basic Spektrum TX/RX. It was missing the front shocks, front bumper, motor & mount, and the ESC.

From some prior Marketplace and AF purchases I had some aftermarket shocks, and a spare Spektrum ESC. I ordered some inexpensive tires plus the front bumper from Amazon and a 2050kv motor with the aluminum motor mount from Jenny's. This is strictly a budget build, so no bling unless I fall in love with the truck.

I then set about to rebuilding the differentials, lubricating the bearings, and putting CorrosionX on all of the screws while waiting for the parts I ordered to arrive. I also mounted the ESC, routed wires to the RX and roughly adjusted the camber & toe.

Received the parts over a few days with the motor & mount finally arriving today after bouncing around USPS for a couple of days more than it should. Assembled everything and got it outside for a quick test this afternoon.

IMG_6478.JPG

IMG_6501.jpg

IMG_6504.JPG

IMG_6508.JPG

👍🏻 Nice job on it. An original S6. Stock front shocks are especially difficult to find for even current models for some reason. I can't figure out why. People seem to gobble them all up like 💩 through a goose.

And?......You're killing me! Love stuff like this. I do it all the time.
It's running great but I have to wait until tomorrow to put a couple of packs through it. This is my first SCT style body, I'm used to trucks with more ground clearance.

It's running great but I have to wait until tomorrow to put a couple of packs through it. This is my first SCT style body, I'm used to trucks with more ground clearance.
Awesome. Love it when a plan comes together. And spent less than others. Lol.

Awesome. Love it when a plan comes together. And spent less than others. Lol.
Was lucky with a few things. I also had some extra strong ARRMA springs for the rear, a spare 15T pinion, and enough extra body posts to go around in my inventory. Drilled the broken post out of their rear body mount so that didn't need to be replaced. The previous owner had super glued the post in place for some reason so it was touch and go.

I may still buy a cover for the RX box but for now it has a plastic half cover built from a two liter soda bottle and I have decided to leave the rear wing off because I expect the Senton to identify as a inverted turtle more than once.

Last Saturday I purchased a Senton 6S on Marketplace for $100. It was in rough shape with no electronics other than the stock servo and a basic Spektrum TX/RX. It was missing the front shocks, front bumper, motor & mount, and the ESC.

From some prior Marketplace and AF purchases I had some aftermarket shocks, and a spare Spektrum ESC. I ordered some inexpensive tires plus the front bumper from Amazon and a 2050kv motor with the aluminum motor mount from Jenny's. This is strictly a budget build, so no bling unless I fall in love with the truck.

I then set about to rebuilding the differentials, lubricating the bearings, and putting CorrosionX on all of the screws while waiting for the parts I ordered to arrive. I also mounted the ESC, routed wires to the RX and roughly adjusted the camber & toe.

Received the parts over a few days with the motor & mount finally arriving today after bouncing around USPS for a couple of days more than it should. Assembled everything and got it outside for a quick test this afternoon.

View attachment 357701

View attachment 357702

View attachment 357703

View attachment 357704
That's awesome. I've always wanted a Senton 6s or to restore one. I almost bought a used one once but didn't. Wish they hadn't of discontinued it.

I see the og Dboots Sidewinder are still for sale on ebay if you're interested.

Last edited:
Nice job, that thing looks great! SCT driving is fun. And yes, it will be on its lid quite a bit while you’re sorting out your new driving technique. Mine certainly was. (Mojave though, not Senton 6s)

View attachment 357701

View attachment 357702

View attachment 357703

View attachment 357704

Was lucky with a few things. I also had some extra strong ARRMA springs for the rear, a spare 15T pinion, and enough extra body posts to go around in my inventory. Drilled the broken post out of their rear body mount so that didn't need to be replaced. The previous owner had super glued the post in place for some reason so it was touch and go.

I may still buy a cover for the RX box but for now it has a plastic half cover built from a two liter soda bottle and I have decided to leave the rear wing off because I expect the Senton to identify as a inverted turtle more than once.

Nice find!
And, a Great deal.
It's in Much Better condition than when I got my Dumpster Fire Kraton 🤣

Can't wait to see you get it all out together and get her out in the fields ,let her rip!

I Sub'd to see more!!
👍

PS:
Is that the old stock square receiver box.. The three screw one.
You just need a cover?

Nice find!
And, a Great deal.
It's in Much Better condition than when I got my Dumpster Fire Kraton 🤣

I Sub'd to see more!!
👍

PS:
Is that the old stock square receiver box.. The three screw one.
You just need a cover?
You might be bored by my thread then.... this is all the work I am doing on the Senton for now. If I like it, I will start putting some money in some parts to strengthen the weak points. For now I am going to drive it hard, put it over some small jumps and see how it fits with my bashing style.

Yes, I just need a cover for the old three screw receiver box... but you have to buy the whole set so its going to stay as is temporarily.

Possible future upgrades:

Sway bars

Servo

Servo saver

7075 Pin / arm mounts

Center brace

Rear wing

Different size pinion

Stiffer front shocks

Last edited:
It's not boring. I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoys another's progress with all kinds of builds. They don't have to be polished shelf queens with all the high priced pretentious goodies. Great thing about budget builds are one's plan to go all-out running them without holding back to keep em' pristine. Only reason mine look as good as they do is because the weather just won't let me run them more. Past several years my area turned into an unrelenting deciduous rainforest. Keep posting! 👍🏻

It's not boring. I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoys another's progress with all kinds of builds. They don't have to be polished shelf queens with all the high priced pretentious goodies. Great thing about budget builds are one's plan to go all-out running them without holding back to keep em' pristine. Only reason mine look as good as they do is because the weather just won't let me run them more. Past several years my area turned into an unrelenting deciduous rainforest. Keep posting! 👍🏻
I really enjoy the 6s Arrmas and wrenching on them. I like finding the inexpensive ones with wear because I know what I'm going to do to them in the field. 👍

Agreed, not boring at all. And like @Shadows said, they don’t need to be full of bling or high end components. A fully stock Arrma that’s set up and built well is one hell of a truck, IMO.

Back