Typhon New to me Typhon Re-Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Well I finally got a Typhon in the fleet. Scored this roller dirt cheap on fleabay. She's pretty rough now, but I'll get her all nice and purrty over the next few weeks. It came with a servo, and as long as it works I'll use it until it bites the bucket. Gonna drop in a Hobbywing system, new tires, new custom painted body, and a few other little knick knacks that need to be addressed. First thing I'm probably gonna do is cut a hole in the chasis under the spur. I cut a hole in my Senton and I haven't had one issue with dirt & chewed up spurs since. Stay tuned gentlemen... 😎

20240215_173212.jpg

20240215_173329.jpg

20240215_173346.jpg

Making progress, slowly but surely. Cleaned it up with some Simple Green, dropped in a new Hobbywing Combo, installed DumboRC tx/rx, replaced all the turnbuckles, and cut a hole in the chassis under the spur. The hole was a little bigger than I initially wanted so I filled in some of the extra space with a bit of plastic cement. Next on the list are new wheels & tires, bearings for the rear axle since they're completely shot, and new hubs & wheel nuts.

20240228_220458.jpg

20240228_221920.jpg

So here's where we are now. Took it out for the first real test drive this evening and it absolutely rips! The Hobbywing combo is powerful & buttery smooth. Since the last update I've programed the ESC to my liking, added new wheels/tires (awesome for the price), new slipper clutch, new hubs/wheel nuts, & new rear drive shafts. Next up will be relocating the ESC to further down in the chassis since the motor wires are being smashed down when the body is on. Also will install a Rocket fan on the heat sink, and a new custom painted body.

20240308_201618.jpg

20240308_200351.jpg

So here's where we are now. Took it out for the first real test drive this evening and it absolutely rips! The Hobbywing combo is powerful & buttery smooth. Since the last update I've programed the ESC to my liking, added new wheels/tires (awesome for the price), new slipper clutch, new hubs/wheel nuts, & new rear drive shafts. Next up will be relocating the ESC to further down in the chassis since the motor wires are being smashed down when the body is on. Also will install a Rocket fan on the heat sink, and a new custom painted body.

View attachment 353389

View attachment 353390

If the wires are not coated you should be able to shorten them.

Small update. Plexiglass mount was finished. The mount is screwed into the mounting holes in the chassis, and the ESC is held on by Alien Tape. Not only is Alien Tape super strong, but it should serve as a damper or cushion between the ESC and Plexiglass to keep it from shattering/cracking. Took it out to test the tape & mount and the rear diff took a dump. So, dropped in a new diff.

20240328_163952.jpg

20240328_142828.jpg

Back