1/24 crawlers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a Komodo for the Deadbolt I am building, I know what you mean about feeling unrefined after driving a Furitec. Standard Scx24 is so jerky in comparison.
I ordered a second one. I’m going to put the komodo in one after I switch from driving the cayman to the AX24 the throttle seems so unrefined. I installed a set of powerhobby 54mm shocks was well.

I bought a Komodo for the Deadbolt I am building, I know what you mean about feeling unrefined after driving a Furitec. Standard Scx24 is so jerky in comparison.
That and how it bobbles around like a bobble head! I had to find shocks as well. I’m doing upgraded servos F/B and ran into the problem of the back not being straight I’m waiting on a injora alum (adjustable) steering set with a hot racing bar to get it straight.

Shocks made a huge improvement on my Ax24. :)
That and how it bobbles around like a bobble head! I had to find shocks as well. I’m doing upgraded servos F/B and ran into the problem of the back not being straight I’m waiting on a injora alum (adjustable) steering set with a hot racing bar to get it straight.

I used 43mm Injora shocks, stopped the body from having a seizure every time it moved.
I tried those and a set of 48mm but the powerhobby 54mm I got the most travel I used the middle springs it sits the same as stock. We were running them today and I’d say it’s not far from the cayman. Once you put the komodo in it’s going to come alive.
713BFEC3-67F9-48D7-898C-11F058A3582B.jpeg
1EEEF84F-3272-43BF-879F-8E6292B66CB2.jpeg
B7C0B7DD-451E-4354-A84C-73ADAB6EB89D.jpeg

I eventually want to do the same thing. I am currently green with envy. :yuck:
I ended up taking off the rock lights the tires were hitting the lights I had to cut a little body off also to make room. I was able to adjust the rear servo with the radio also so it fixed all the steering issues. I also put the deadbolt body in the cayman it fits perfectly.
3EAEF440-1B6A-440D-A7A6-E4F047499FBF.png
926527CC-C38E-4789-8208-21507A2B9750.jpeg
ABC7298C-A69F-4C94-898B-4FDDA8B58C25.jpeg
64E2F822-5307-45B7-84D5-55048C451D0D.jpeg
E24C4FC2-97D1-488F-953A-652EDE3386BE.jpeg
E715797C-693C-4086-9DFB-9D7ECDA37DCC.jpeg
0662E9BE-479D-4884-BB9A-310846A46AF0.jpeg

These little crawlers are super fun!

Working on a portable log obstacle by wiring down sticks to jack chain and then I'll just keep layering them on top to build it up. Kind of fiddly work, I wouldn't want to do 10 of them :LOL:

log-obstacle-assembly.png

Last edited:
This turned out pretty good. I ended up making just the one layer, but longer. Then I rubber-banded piles of sticks together that I can put under that so I can change it up.

It's flexible enough that you can curve it, too.

log-obstacle-finished.png

Last edited:
This turned out pretty good. I ended up making just the one layer, but longer. Then I rubber-banded piles of sticks together that I can put under that so I can change it up.

View attachment 294853
That looks awesome.😎 nicely done. We haven’t started are bridge yet.

We haven’t started are bridge yet.

It's fun to build stuff for these things!

I have an idea for a bridge where it's rope with planks across the top, the vertical supports that anchor the ropes are mounted on springs so the whole thing sways when you drive across it.

View attachment 294853
Well done, the sticks are scaled nicely to the rc, and I like that they look more natural by being uneven. (y)

So we’ve been driving the 3 Cayman for awhile nod and they’re awesome machines but they’re each a little different from the factory. The barebones comes with different shocks than the other 2 (they’re not as nice). The one with the motor/transmission and drive line comes with the micro Komodo and standard links the pro comes with 65mm rear links already installed and the rock guards on the pro are different then the ones Furitek sells online I put those on the others as well. The Komodo be with the micro Komodo has a little jerkiness at really slow speeds the bigger Komodo’s don’t have that problem.

DF50A668-7E34-4CC7-A41C-2FCD4CFEE91B.png

8E284DFD-DC9B-45F1-9528-FB23505718F0.png

If you ever need me to babysit, I'm available. :)
So we’ve been driving the 3 Cayman for awhile nod and they’re awesome machines but they’re each a little different from the factory. The barebones comes with different shocks than the other 2 (they’re not as nice). The one with the motor/transmission and drive line comes with the micro Komodo and standard links the pro comes with 65mm rear links already installed and the rock guards on the pro are different then the ones Furitek sells online I put those on the others as well. The Komodo be with the micro Komodo has a little jerkiness at really slow speeds the bigger Komodo’s don’t have that problem.

View attachment 295167

View attachment 295170

I picked out the spot where I'm going to build an outdoor course, mother nature has already seen fit to provide me with most of a ramp and bridge!

IMG-0823.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back