14mm wheels aren't cool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACrimmings

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Senton 6s
Senton BLX 3S with 14mm hexes make wheel options less. Looking to convert 3S trucks to 17mm we found sloppy solutions. Arrma has 6mm axles with 4mm threads (which are more rare than the 14mm hexes). M2C Racing that makes lots of RC parts. Their adapters have a retainer on the end to center and hold the hex adapter. They would be willing to make adapters if there was a demand out there for them. Would any else be interested in that?

doesn't 17mm is as rare as 14mm for short course? if you want common wheel you can move to 12mm, both Arrma and Hot Racing make adapters, they have no slop.

doesn't 17mm is as rare as 14mm for short course? if you want common wheel you can move to 12mm, both Arrma and Hot Racing make adapters, they have no slop.
I have stripped out the 12mm which is why I assume Arrma went to the 14mm. Plus most of the 12mm do not have a deep enough offset. With 17mm wheels you can run SC, Buggy, 1/8 scale and a few others.

Duratrax makes a good selection of 14mm premounts. Plus Proline has their interchangeable hub, so you can drop their 14mm hex on any of the premounts that use the interchangable hub.

Yes, 14mm is not as common as 12mm, but in a 2.8 tire, it has a lot more choices than 17mm.

Duratrax makes a good selection of 14mm premounts. Plus Proline has their interchangeable hub, so you can drop their 14mm hex on any of the premounts that use the interchangable hub.

Yes, 14mm is not as common as 12mm, but in a 2.8 tire, it has a lot more choices than 17mm.
We live in a heavily paved area and with 17mm there's a lot of options for that. Duratrax has a ton of premounts on 17mm wheels for pavement, grass and loose dirt in the right offset too. Plus they are significantly less expensive than the 12mm and 14mm.

We live in a heavily paved area and with 17mm there's a lot of options for that. Duratrax has a ton of premounts on 17mm wheels for pavement, grass and loose dirt in the right offset too. Plus they are significantly less expensive than the 12mm and 14mm.

Looks like a shortage in the US at ebay on the 14mm to 17mm. This is the way most guys are doing it now.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing...603328&hash=item1f043fc42c:g:PZUAAOSwVkZdsm2D

There is an old way though that has less extension and the way I like better because it's only 6mm.

first do this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Duratrax-3...028025&hash=item2f2948e712:g:cQcAAOSwhzhcLoHS

second do this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing...566184?hash=item2ae7adfe68:g:vpIAAOSwJ3RcIIxJ

Then fit your 17mm wheels. On the Senton (as you know) you'll probably have to raise the body or trim some lexan to fit without rubbing.

Looks like a shortage in the US at ebay on the 14mm to 17mm. This is the way most guys are doing it now.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing...603328&hash=item1f043fc42c:g:PZUAAOSwVkZdsm2D

There is an old way though that has less extension and the way I like better because it's only 6mm.

first do this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Duratrax-3...028025&hash=item2f2948e712:g:cQcAAOSwhzhcLoHS

second do this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing...566184?hash=item2ae7adfe68:g:vpIAAOSwJ3RcIIxJ

Then fit your 17mm wheels. On the Senton (as you know) you'll probably have to raise the body or trim some lexan to fit without rubbing.
I guess I should have prefaced this with saying I don't want to increase the offset. So I appreciate all the input, but as I said I looked into all options, tried several and am not happy with them. None of those hold the end of the spindle like the M2C setup does. There's a picture attached and you can see the small retainer nut that also centers the original axle in the adapter. I just want to know if anyone else isn't happy with sloppy adapters and having to offset the hubs and have body issues. M2C will make specific ones for the Arrma setup.

Attachments

• 6650 TEKNO 17MM ADAPTOR KIT.png
    6650 TEKNO 17MM ADAPTOR KIT.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 55
I guess I should have prefaced this with saying I don't want to increase the offset. So I appreciate all the input, but as I said I looked into all options, tried several and am not happy with them. None of those hold the end of the spindle like the M2C setup does. There's a picture attached and you can see the small retainer nut that also centers the original axle in the adapter. I just want to know if anyone else isn't happy with sloppy adapters and having to offset the hubs and have body issues. M2C will make specific ones for the Arrma setup.

If M2C will make adapters I'd be interested but currently don't have a need. Considering the way I treat my 3s trucks, the slop doesn't bother me and the offset is welcome on the BRCC. I'd still probably buy a set to try because I'm always game for something new and the Granite may benefit.

If M2C will make adapters I'd be interested but currently don't have a need. Considering the way I treat my 3s trucks, the slop doesn't bother me and the offset is welcome on the BRCC. I'd still probably buy a set to try because I'm always game for something new and the Granite may benefit.
[/QUOTE=
Does the 3S Granite have the same axle and hub setup that the 3S Senton has?

I don't have a Senton but I'm pretty confident it's the exact same. I did the old way conversion on the Granite too.
Also, not sure what you mean about the HR not holding the end of the spindle. The kit does have the little inserts that are screwed directly on to the spindle. I don't see much difference between the two but again only have what I've used to go by.

1588614135962.png

I don't have a Senton but I'm pretty confident it's the exact same. I did the old way conversion on the Granite too.
Also, not sure what you mean about the HR not holding the end of the spindle. The kit does have the little inserts that are screwed directly on to the spindle. I don't see much difference between the two but again only have what I've used to go by.

View attachment 78485
I see they do have the center retaining nut. I didn't try them because I didn't want to offset them at all. We already have tire and body contact with the standard setup. I am having M2C Racing send me a set that is for another brand to try. I will let you know what they are like.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back