Senton or 1/10th scale 14mm tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastMann40

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Typhon 6s
I recently bought a 1/10 SENTON 4X4 V3 3S BLX Brushless Short Course Truck RTR, Blue, it's not here yet, but I was wondering what type of tires last and perform well on a short track as well as dirt and gravel fields?
Horizon Hobby has some of these for sale--picket st 2.8 Mounted Tires, Chrome 14mm Hex (2) for sale and wondered why they are so cheap and if they would hold up well. Attached is the tire for sale.

Any other recommendations is welcomed.

Screenshot_20231004_225608_Chrome.jpg

I have a Senton 3s. The stock tires are known not to last long & blow apart. Mine did after like 5 packs. I got Duratrax Lockups. 14mm hex. Bigger than stock. Wider, taller. Have to cut fenders out. They grip really well. But I haven't tried loose dirt much. Grass, pavement, gravel. They hook. They have the beadlocks but I still blew a bead. Had to glue em. And the extra tire mass, I blew a rear axle shaft.
Those tires in your pic look a little less aggressive than mine is probably why I killed an axle. Lol. I had to re learn the throttle

Duratrax brand can be hit or miss. They were recently bought out by proline tires. They recently had a closeout sale to, so this could be a remnant of that. They likely won't be the best tire ever, but if the price is right, i'd give it a shot.

You may consider picking up 3 or 4 pair to cover in case one tears, etc.

Last edited:
Duratrax brand can be hit or miss. They were recently bought out by proline tires
Horizon has owned both proline and duratrax for a long time. I agree about the quality inconsistency.
I recently bought a 1/10 SENTON 4X4 V3 3S BLX Brushless Short Course Truck RTR, Blue, it's not here yet, but I was wondering what type of tires last and perform well on a short track as well as dirt and gravel fields?
Horizon Hobby has some of these for sale--picket st 2.8 Mounted Tires, Chrome 14mm Hex (2) for sale and wondered why they are so cheap and if they would hold up well. Attached is the tire for sale.

Any other recommendations is welcomed.

View attachment 325366
Most SCT wheels out there are 12mm hex. I’d get a set of these (very easy install) to open up your options.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1243680425...GLMtWKkTgS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back