Infraction 1st-3rd run Infraction 3s BLX! Good and bad.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doolin64

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Infraction 4x4
Finally got to drive my Infraction for the first time today. Needless to say it was much better than yesterdays bone head mistake...installing a 4s lipo instead of a 3s and wondering why it wouldn't work. 😆

Overall, I loved how this thing drove. What a blast it is to rip around the parking lot. I certainly need to work on my drifting skills. The size is what I was looking for and the performance even better. I can't wait for more time.

The only downside to my first run comes back to batteries! After about 10 minutes of running time in humid 90 degree temps, it just stopped. The ESC hit its heat limit and was flashing green. The battery was warm and that's when I noticed it puffed a bit.

Tough to tell from the pictures. Puffed one on the right. You can feel it more than see it.
PXL_20220729_005250891.jpg

PXL_20220729_005259496.jpg

I don't plan to take chances, I've never had lipo issues to date and I'm religious about charging slow and leaving them in storage mode when not in use.

Anyone running this battery?

Screenshot_20220728-212345~2.png

Finally got to drive my Infraction for the first time today. Needless to say it was much better than yesterdays bone head mistake...installing a 4s lipo instead of a 3s and wondering why it wouldn't work. 😆

Overall, I loved how this thing drove. What a blast it is to rip around the parking lot. I certainly need to work on my drifting skills. The size is what I was looking for and the performance even better. I can't wait for more time.

The only downside to my first run comes back to batteries! After about 10 minutes of running time in humid 90 degree temps, it just stopped. The ESC hit its heat limit and was flashing green. The battery was warm and that's when I noticed it puffed a bit.

Tough to tell from the pictures. Puffed one on the right. You can feel it more than see it.
View attachment 232619
View attachment 232618

I don't plan to take chances, I've never had lipo issues to date and I'm religious about charging slow and leaving them in storage mode when not in use.

Anyone running this battery?

View attachment 232621

First, congrats on the rig. I do not have this one I have the Infraction 6S, but it does not matter. You are going to need good fans for the RC.

I have Game Changer fans, two on the motor and one on the ESC running off a 3S battery. All cost 3-figures, and not recommending that...but you do need good fans.

Now...I build my own, which you can buy cheaply, but I do still use a 3S battery. I recommend you, and I have three on other rigs, even the Fireteam. The link is below. I cannot believe how much air these pull running off the ESC when I compare them to fans running on 3S like GC or the ones I build.

At $30 and connects to the ESC, he also sells splitters....this is what you need for the temps. The smaller 40mm Rocket fans are good I also recommend them....but for the extra coins and a stronger fan, this one all day:

https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/p...l-40mm-high-speed-rc-fan-8-volt-plug-and-play

3rd run with my Infraction and the 2nd puffed battery. Seems like like I'm going to name my truck Puff Daddy. They were older lipo's that sat in storage (charge) for a while (as in a few years). I charged them up and they balanced nice and ran great. But they did feel hot after the run and they are puffed. Still loving this truck, waiting on my Gennsace batt to arriver on Thursday.

20Dollar CNHL and Zeee work just fine, but my Zeee are not good, they don't last long.
Temps are a problem, yes.
Yeah Racing/Rocket Fan solve the Problem (25mm esc/30mm motor), but the Lipo will get hot if you drive in hot weather with no break in the middle.
ESC is still stock on this pic

Attachments

• Zwischenablage01.jpg
    Zwischenablage01.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 65
Question...I understand that the heat can be the major contributor to my battery puffing issue, but what do motor and ESC fans have to do with helping this issue? Or is to to just simply protect those two pieces.

Question...I understand that the heat can be the major contributor to my battery puffing issue, but what do motor and ESC fans have to do with helping this issue? Or is to to just simply protect those two pieces.
This is how I see it, and take it as a grain of salt :)

Living in the hot south, I found out right away I was not going make it bashing my Infraction v1 in this delta Gulf heat without thermal cut off...electronics got too hot. Yeah racing fans I had did not stop it or larger 40mm flat fans. It was not until I began to use a 40mm tall fan with a 3S small lipo to power them that I could bash until the battery was empty, LVC.

I have the China Hobby lipo, and will get some puff...mean "SOME" it's not a huge amount as I see it for a "good" battery in good condition. I was also told....could be wrong... make sure to have a good C rating 70C, 90C, or 100C etc., although we know this is not true to the advertising.... with a good C-rating, the electronics can pull charge from the battery fast enough vs. an old slower battery that cannot release energy fast enough will puff more on a lower C or just old, poorly maintenance battery.

What I have gathered over the years of reading....I am open to change if that is wrong :)

My 2x powerful fans on the motor and 1x on the ESC do not help the battery. No air is getting to the battery from those fans would not want that anyway. I see it helping "if" you have good batteries SMC, CH, etc., brands that have been proven, or user feedback here on those they know about via experience. Some beef up the electronics meaning vs. Firma 150 having a Firm 160 ESC does not work as hard... the same idea with the motor. I run the stock motor with a Firma 160 ESC.

In the Infraction, the batteries are on their own I do check the heat on them when bashing, and they get hot. The China Hobby soft packs have very little puff and release much energy. After a bash, let them cool, clean them off, and storage charge them to 3.85v 1-4hrs after running and put them back in a lipo storage bag.

These 12$ Amazon fans are the most powerful fans I've ever bought..I bought them all an only use these.run great on 6v,blow your house down on 4s..

Screenshot_20220803-111341_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Thank you everyone. So some of your are running an extra 3s battery just to power the fans? Any picture of your setup?

I did watch this video, but hoping to see a thread or a writeup on how it was all put together.

Last edited:
New battery came today. I had to remove the
spacers and added foam so it would sit securely. I need to wait for cooler temps and new fans
PXL_20220804_005704610.jpg

PXL_20220804_005615639.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back