Kraton 2 3s or one 6s lipo battery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OG*GOBLIN

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
So the EXB is pretty much done. I'm running the spektrum 160a ESC and 1250 motor along with spektrum radio and receiver. I have a 6s gensacearespammers battery in my blx but want a spektrum battery to make use of smart features. My question is, what are the pros and cons of using one 6s compared to 2 3s. I'm looking at either one 6s 7000 at 30c or 2 3s 5000 100c. As someone new to this hobby I appreciate any advice I can get. Thank you

I think 30c might be too low of a C rating for that. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
That's what I was thinking too but I can't find a hi mah batt with higher c rating that spektrum makes. Why does spektrum use that low c rating when other brands go up to 100c or even 120c like gensacearespammers 6800mah?

The 7000mah should work perfectly, the 30c is perfectly fine.

Thank you. I'm trying to stick with a spektrum batt to make use of the smart features.
In the Kraton manual it says 50c minimum? I think? Lemme check.
Is there really any down sides to running two 3s's besides maybe a little more weight? And with a combined of 10,000mah I should get longer run times correct? And thanks too

Thank you. I'm trying to stick with a spektrum batt to make use of the smart features.

Is there really any down sides to running two 3s's besides maybe a little more weight? And with a combined of 10,000mah I should get longer run times correct? And thanks too
It will be 5000 mah I believe, if you run in parallel, you get 10000 mah.

😂 Apologies I stopped reading after I read your ESC and motor size. Tbh I feel the spek gear is over rated for what you get at the price Point. But Ofcourse to each their own👍. I’d go for one 6s pack I’m able to charge my 2 at the same time n I’m gone, you’ll be dealing with longer charge times imo going with 2 3s. N that’s only “1 pack”

1639418532047.png

And those are the minimum specs for the blx 185.
I have no idea what the minimum battery specs are for the 160amp ESC though.

Last edited:
😂 Apologies I stopped reading after I read your ESC and motor size. Tbh I feel the spek gear is over rated for what you get at the price Point. But Ofcourse to each their own👍. I’d go for one 6s pack I’m able to charge my 2 at the same time n I’m gone, you’ll be dealing with longer charge times imo going with 2 3s. N that’s only “1 pack”m
I was looking for something easy just to plug and play. Running a 20t pinion it seems pretty quick and torque'y. What would be better a 1650?
View attachment 185819
And those are the minimum specs for the blx 185.
I have no idea what the minimum battery specs are for the 160amp ESC though.
So the c rating is how much punch there is when giving it like full throttle right? 30 seems like a big loss from 100c.

I wasn’t commenting or if you thought laughing? At your motor size I was laughing at my lack of attention to your post and answering a question you didn’t ask lol. (I was also commenting on batteries when I said spek gear)

Geared properly I’m sure your set up is perfectly fine for you. Ik the 1650kv is a very popular option however. The 1650 on a 20t would be more top end. @OG*GOBLIN

Main advantage of 2 3s is easier to find batteries in general, easier to find with smart features and/or hard case, possible to get away with a weak charger, main disadvantages are more wires and connectors to deal with, potentially more weight due to more case materials and potentially longer charging times depending on your setup. Unlikely to be any noticeable performance difference.

Main advantage of 2 3s is easier to find batteries in general, easier to find with smart features and/or hard case, possible to get away with a weak charger, main disadvantages are more wires and connectors to deal with, potentially more weight due to more case materials and potentially longer charging times depending on your setup. Unlikely to be any noticeable performance difference.
Thank you for that.
I wasn’t commenting or if you thought laughing? At your motor size I was laughing at my lack of attention to your post and answering a question you didn’t ask lol. (I was also commenting on batteries when I said spek gear)

Geared properly I’m sure your set up is perfectly fine for you. Ik the 1650kv is a very popular option however. The 1650 on a 20t would be more top end. @OG*GOBLIN
Na, I didn't take it that. No worries 👊
Forgot to finish my response. So running two 5000mah batteries won't get me more wheel time then a single 6s 5000 mah battery? Such as two 3s making 10,000mah? It doesn't work that way?

You're connecting them in series so the voltage will double but the capacity rating will be the same. A 3s pack has a nominal voltage of 11.1V so two 3s 5000mAh will be 22.2V nominal and 5000mAh.

You're connecting them in series so the voltage will double but the capacity rating will be the same. A 3s pack has a nominal voltage of 11.1V so two 3s 5000mAh will be 22.2V nominal and 5000mAh.
Ok, got it thank you.

That's what I was thinking too but I can't find a hi mah batt with higher c rating that spektrum makes. Why does spektrum use that low c rating when other brands go up to 100c or even 120c like gensacearespammers 6800mah?
Spektrum makes a G2 series 4s 5000mah battery with a 100C rating (I run that battery in my Kraton 6s.) If you want to run two 3s batteries, here is a Spektrum 3s Smart battery that is 5000mah and 100C.

https://www.amazon.com/Spektrum-11-...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584276302956468&psc=1

Last edited:
So the EXB is pretty much done. I'm running the spektrum 160a ESC and 1250 motor along with spektrum radio and receiver. I have a 6s gensacearespammers battery in my blx but want a spektrum battery to make use of smart features. My question is, what are the pros and cons of using one 6s compared to 2 3s. I'm looking at either one 6s 7000 at 30c or 2 3s 5000 100c. As someone new to this hobby I appreciate any advice I can get. Thank you
I could be wrong.... I do not see a major tip either way with 6S or 2x 3S. Some do like the single battery and I can see why easier with one. I have 6S rigs but I prefer to buy 3S so all my batteries can be used with my 3S rigs and I just add 2x 3S for my 6S rigs. This way I can use all my batteries and get equal usage and runs with all them vs having 6S for only 1-2 rigs when I have so many 3S rigs...but this is my case. Some could have more 6S.

Find what works for you as well as your others to max battery usage.....batteries cost so they need to be used! (y)

I could be wrong.... I do not see a major tip either way with 6S or 2x 3S. Some do like the single battery and I can see why easier with one. I have 6S rigs but I prefer to buy 3S so all my batteries can be used with my 3S rigs and I just add 2x 3S for my 6S rigs. This way I can use all my batteries and get equal usage and runs with all them vs having 6S for only 1-2 rigs when I have so many 3S rigs...but this is my case. Some could have more 6S.

Find what works for you as well as your others to max battery usage.....batteries cost so they need to be used! (y)
Appreciate that. I only have one other blx 6s Kraton.

2 vs 1 lipo, I would always opt for a single 6S, just out of convenience and fewer things lying around.

Pro: Single 2S or 3 S cells, make sense if you have 2 or 3 S application (smaller rig etc.)
Cons: If using as a pair, you want to keep them as equal as possible all the time, same use same charge levels or the weaker one will be worn out a lot faster.

Spektrum 30C vs 100C, they both test at a real C of about 25 i.e. really makes no difference. They are on the lower end of the capability range while being at the top range for price. They make sense if you want less hassle. A lot better and cheaper options are available but are non-smart.

C-rating in general is a marketing tool more than anything else. Liperior and SMC are about the only ones that are starting to list true spec values. They almost went out of business as people want higher C values more than higher performance batteries.
I'd stay in the 5-6000mAh range, mainly due to weight. The lighter, the less mass that will cause damage during bad landings. For flat running use 6-7000mAh but you will need sufficient cooling.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back