Big Rock BR 6s Battery options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-D

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
Hey all, new to this forum and looking for some advise.

Looking at a BR 6s and wondering if there's a general consensus on using 2 3s or 1 6s battery. If running 2 3s do I need to get an adapter or is it provided with ? Also need an ic5 to TR connector since all my batteries have traxxas leads. I need a couple more batteries if I buy the BR so just trying to get an opinion on what's best. Pretty sure my charger won't do 6s either...

Welcome! BR 6S looks like a really good truck.

Technically speaking, you won’t notice a difference in performance between a 6S or two 3S batteries. At the end of the day, it’s the same thing soldered and wired differently. However, I definitely prefer running one 6S battery. It’s just simpler to charge and store.

Regarding connectors - consider that adapters add resistance and that’s a bad thing. You’re always better off re-soldering the right connector instead of using an adapter, regardless of whether your chosen connector is IC5 or TRX.

If your charger can’t do 6S, then you’re stuck running 3S batteries unless you plan on buying a new charger. Hota makes great chargers.

Thx for the reply. I realize a new charger would be needed if I went with 6s, but I like the ease of using 1 battery. If there's no advantage to running 1 6s, I'll probably just go with 2 3s, so I have options for the other 3 trucks I have that are all 3s systems... plus I have a charger already....

@Big-D Welcome!!!

@phm14 a few run the Kraton 6S EXB like that here, and I am one. I do run Max6 ESC and HW4985 motor. There is just too much power on 6S so going down added much more fun/control. I moved the punch up and added a 20T pinion on 4S with 4S BF tires. Dude, I'm dusting my best bud Traxxas 6S rigs. Lighter, fast, runs cool...sweet setup.

Enjoy!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back