Vendetta 3200kv motor swap in my Vendetta

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
I’m thinking about putting a spektrum 120a ESC and spektrum 3200kv motor from my Granite in my Vendetta and running a 4S battery. Any thoughts or opinions on this? Will slipper hold up? I’m thinking of the 3200 motor instead of 3900 is the 3200 should hold up better with 4S

That 3200kv motor is also only rated for 3S.
Yes, that is correct. I realize that. I’ve seen a ton of people on YouTube running that motor on a 4S battery and have also asked in the comment section and everyone that I’ve asked said it’s been holding up for over a year or so and running strong. When I called my local hobby shop, they thought a 3900 KV motor was not going to last very long on a 4S battery, but a 3200 would be better.

Last edited:
I’m thinking about putting a spektrum 120a ESC and spektrum 3200kv motor from my Granite in my Vendetta and running a 4S battery. Any thoughts or opinions on this? Will slipper hold up? I’m thinking of the 3200 motor instead of 3900 is the 3200 should hold up better with 4S
I run a 130a, surpass 3670, 2600kv with 50/24 gearing and it is a good parking lot basher. Spur is holding up just fine (so far).

And my $.02 is that no, the slipper will not hold up. Mine went out within a week of purchase. That was just with bashing and drifting on 3S. I swapped with the Hot Racing super that uses 4 discs and also installed their 57T steel spur gear. It was expensive, but haven't had to worry about it since and now I'm on 6S.

What motor are you running on 6s? Can you post a link to the slipper you bought?

And my $.02 is that no, the slipper will not hold up. Mine went out within a week of purchase. That was just with bashing and drifting on 3S. I swapped with the Hot Racing super that uses 4 discs and also installed their 57T steel spur gear. It was expensive, but haven't had to worry about it since and now I'm on 6S.
I guess I also just noticed you said you bought a 57 tooth spur gear? Wouldn’t you loose a ton of speed gearing that low? If I remember correctly that’s what Arma uses on there big rock and granite trucks.

It's a Spektrum 2050kv. I just started my build thread.
I guess I also just noticed you said you bought a 57 tooth spur gear? Wouldn’t you loose a ton of speed gearing that low? If I remember correctly that’s what Arma uses on there big rock and granite trucks.
Yeah, all I could find in metal was a 57 tooth spur gear but I used the 26T pinion and it still hits hard. I'm building for drag racing anyway. There's not a whole lot of spur gear options for the Vendetta that are metal. Im just working with what is available to me.

Last edited:
It's a Spektrum 2050kv. I just started my build thread.
In your opinion, do you think the 3200 KV motor on 4s would hold up? I realize it is rated for 3s but heard a lot of people running that motor on a 4S battery pack. Aside from the slipper is there any other weak links that would need to be beefed up? thanks man. I would love to see a video of your vendetta on 6s

I honestly don't know about that motor. The 3900kv that is factory in the Vendetta is the only other motor I have used. I think it's a lot to do with the ESC. The motor will likely work... For a while. 😆

I honestly don't know about that motor. The 3900kv that is factory in the Vendetta is the only other motor I have used. I think it's a lot to do with the ESC. The motor will likely work... For a while. 😆
So what gearing are you running with your set up? I am relatively new to the hobby after taking a 20 year break but from what I remember that low of a KV motor you’re not getting a ton of speed just torque

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back