Vendetta 6s Vendetta “blew up,” my tear down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavefromCA

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Vendetta
I’m kind of disappointed, I know 6s is too much power for this car, so I knew it wouldn’t last, but the way it broke surprised me. I was hoping it would go out in a blaze of glory, instead it was hardly pushing 80 mph. I was only in a testing mode, gradually increasing throttle. At first I was sure I blew a diff but looks like one of the spur screws backed out and caused absolute havoc (see below teardown pictures).

Specs are: Spektrum 2800kv motor on Spekrum 150 amp esc, 32 pinion 0.8 mod, spur is hot racing 50t 0.8 mod steel (this kit is where the screws and washers that failed came from)

Should I try to just get new screws. Or upgrade the entire set to mod 1? Anyone know where I can get replacement screws or do I just need a whole new spool? Perhaps some blue lock tite next time?

IMG_0480.jpeg

IMG_0488.jpeg

IMG_0492.jpeg

Those rigs can take 6s very well with the CVD upgrade Arrma offers.

Obviously not suitable for bashing but for speed running it treats us all well.

It also seems like your diff pinion bearing had a lot of built up heat and let it out on the chassis where it is housed.

I would make sure you are keeping up on you bearing maintenance and checking screws, specially ones that are drivetrain related.

I’m kind of disappointed, I know 6s is too much power for this car, so I knew it wouldn’t last, but the way it broke surprised me. I was hoping it would go out in a blaze of glory, instead it was hardly pushing 80 mph. I was only in a testing mode, gradually increasing throttle. At first I was sure I blew a diff but looks like one of the spur screws backed out and caused absolute havoc (see below teardown pictures).

Specs are: Spektrum 2800kv motor on Spekrum 150 amp esc, 32 pinion 0.8 mod, spur is hot racing 50t 0.8 mod steel (this kit is where the screws and washers that failed came from)

Should I try to just get new screws. Or upgrade the entire set to mod 1? Anyone know where I can get replacement screws or do I just need a whole new spool? Perhaps some blue lock tite next time?

View attachment 339754

View attachment 339755

View attachment 339756
4s-6s power = Modulus 1 gears, hands down.
I don't know what your speed goals are. But 4s would be a great place to start, if you haven't done that first.
There is no reason that 4s couldn't achieve breaking 3 digits.
Were you using a speed gear calculator for the initial setup?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back