Kraton 3d printed wing mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR

video should be at correct timestamp!

Why can't we get wing mounts like this in the USA? @3d-rc.myshopify.com I remember you saying this couldn't be done, do they have a newer 3d printer or something? I'm so salty they can order this so easily in the uk and there is literally no option for this in the US and it's just 3d printed. 😭 😭 😭

@Tex Koder
@dure16

If I could get a file or if someone could draw one up I could easily print that in TPU. I would bulk it up some though because that will easily flex TOO much under the weight of the K8S or O8S.

I agree, the one they’re using is not. But if it’s beefed up in the right places I think it will.
That’s the conundrum.

The only way to make it strong enough for an 8S rig is to add a lot of material. But then it would be detrimentally heavy.

3D probably isn’t the answer for this one, unfortunately.

Weight. I don't think it will last long, didnt 3DRC make one?
They make one that doesn't support wheelie bar. Probably fine for the Kraton but who wants an outcast without a wheelibar? Definitely not me.

Weight. I don't think it will last long, didnt 3DRC make one?
Yup and holds up well. Wheelie bar just puts too much stress in the mounting holes for a wheelie bar to be sustainable

Took around 18 hours to print. TPU for these two shown. 75% infill. Also printed one in FPLA+. Currently testing that one right now on the rig. Tested it with the wheelie bar and it works great.

For anybody curious about the weight. Stock wing mount is 58g and TPU one is 122g.

IMG_0394.jpeg

IMG_0367.jpeg

Took around 18 hours to print. TPU for these two shown. 75% infill. Also printed one in FPLA+. Currently testing that one right now on the rig. Tested it with the wheelie bar and it works great.

For anybody curious about the weight. Stock wing mount is 58g and TPU one is 122g.

View attachment 327987

View attachment 327988
Looks great man. Did you design that or find the file somewhere?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back