Kraton 8s servo mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sampson

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have a kraton 8s and the servo mount only holds the servo with 3 screws. Is this a older model because when I look up the part it has 4 screws?

I have a kraton 8s and the servo mount only holds the servo with 3 screws. Is this a older model because when I look up the part it has 4 screws?
I have a kraton 8s and the servo mount only holds the servo with 3 screws. Is this an older model because when I look up the part it has 4 screws?
Pictures

IMG_7926.jpeg

IMG_7927.jpeg

Did you pick this truck up used? The v1 Kraton 8s RTR came with a S905 1/6 scale servo.That is a replacement servo, 1/5 scale, installed in a 1/6 scale mount. Someone shaved the mount to fit that servo. That's why you only have 3 screw holes. To remedy, you need ARA320553 servo mount set. It comes with both sized adapters for 1/5 and 1/6 scale servos.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/receiver-box/ARA320553.html

Yours had 4 screws, until someone modified it to fit the 1/5 servo. The screw above the missing one is in a new hole that the previous owner had to drill out. Ech adapter size does indeed utilize 4 screws to hold the respective sized servos.

Last edited:
Yes I did buy it used. Thanks for the info! Other that that it’s a pretty nice truck! Thought it might be version 1.5 because it has that metal extra brace in the rear and the red braces that meet in the middle and not across whole truck.
Thanks again!

Yes I did buy it used. Thanks for the info! Other that that it’s a pretty nice truck! Thought it might be version 1.5 because it has that metal extra brace in the rear and the red braces that meet in the middle and not across whole truck.
Thanks again!
You bet!👍 FWIW, you could very well just keep on running as is with the servo mount.
I just bought a v1 K8S rtr a few months back new. I also bought a 1/5 servo from a member here, but it won't fit the stock rtr (v1) servo mount. Which is why I knew right away what someone had done with yours. I was contemplating diing the same to utilize the 1/5 servo, but I decided to leave the 1/6 servo and mount for now. I'll buy the 1/5 mount down the road at some point.
They're a beast of an rc I'll say, the K8S. Enjoy brother!!👍😀

Back